This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

GPD XD+ revision capable of playing Dolphin. Coming out in a month or so

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. GPD XD+ revision capable of playing Dolphin. Coming out in a month or so

User Info: Tony_Biggie_Pun

Tony_Biggie_Pun
4 months ago#1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQm5r6U4zqA

didn't realize it was coming out so soon. I got the original XD in August. May upgrade to this. It runs on Android 7.0 which is great because with that you can now record your gameplay natively from the device and also Stream! directly to youtube etc.

The XD+ has a 64 bit processor which makes playing Dolphin for android possible. Also improved performance for Native Android games. It also gives improved performance over the XD. The XD works well for most games up to PSP but a few randoms like Peace Walker, God of war and Vice city stories are difficult to run on it.

I also believe it has Bluetooth now which the first XD was lacking

Tony_Biggie_Pun
4 months ago#2
It also hs double the RAM 4GB instead of 2GB. The system in that video was an early prototype of it so we don't know if it looks exactly like that, but still thats good stuff. Hopefully the real XD+ has USB type C

User Info: Ryzeki

Ryzeki
4 months ago#3
Hmm, still too low performance for my liking, but its a step in the right direction.
MSI GT73VR - Core i7 6th gen @4.1Ghz | | 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4 || 128GB PCIe SSD + 1TB SATA SSD || GTX1080 || 1080P@120hz

User Info: Sum_quod_eris

Sum_quod_eris
4 months ago#4
It's a great idea for a device, but the hardware is so underwhelming. Wasn't there an XD 2 already in production?
http://myanimelist.net/profile/Caidezes | http://www.goodreads.com/Caidezes | http://www.last.fm/user/Caidezes

Tony_Biggie_Pun
4 months ago#5
I think this is the XD2 that people were talking about, unless they have something else under development thats underwraps.

I can't wait I can get this mainly because of android 7 and streaming. Recently have discovered that its totally poissible and easy to play the entire Megaman Battle Network series online through multiplayer. not just 6 with hamachi but all of them. Along with every other GBA game with link cable support. I still have my old saves and cartidges etc. So with this I can take my old favorite games and saves, battle online with Pokemon, Megaman Battle Network etc. and stream live to Youtube or twitch whenever I want, in theory.

Could even do a full Walkthrough or Lets Play of a game in the palm of my hands while in my bed.

If this is true then wow, can't wait to see it in action though

User Info: HeliosMagi

HeliosMagi
4 months ago#6
I'm still waiting for them to figure out how to cram a dedicated GPU in this kind of form factor. Even something like a GT 1030 would enable AAA to be somewhat playable.
"I had a classmate who legitimately expected Mario 65 to come out."
"He ate glue."

Tony_Biggie_Pun
4 months ago#7
The GPD Win 2 has an M3Y Intel Core cpu. I'm not sure the GPU but it seems like that will have a lot more performance than the original GPD Win

User Info: darkus_f

darkus_f
4 months ago#8
HeliosMagi posted...
I'm still waiting for them to figure out how to cram a dedicated GPU in this kind of form factor. Even something like a GT 1030 would enable AAA to be somewhat playable.

If this was made, I'd buy it day one.
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. GPD XD+ revision capable of playing Dolphin. Coming out in a month or so

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived