This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

4-5 monitors on a single GTX 1060 - any potential problems?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. 4-5 monitors on a single GTX 1060 - any potential problems?

User Info: Garquill

Garquill
2 months ago#1
Any games would only be on a single 1440p gsync monitor, and I'd have three or four 4k monitors

The 1060s I've looked at have 4 ports between HDMI & DP and a 5th DVI input

Can extra monitors cause performance decline? I've been running 3 1080p monitors on a GTX 770 seemingly without problem
"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." ~ A. Einstein

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
2 months ago#2
I'm unaware that the GTX 10xx series supports any more than 4 displays simultaneously. To add more, you'd need to add a second GPU.
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23

User Info: SRV_God

SRV_God
2 months ago#3
Curious, why do you need that many?

User Info: Voxwik

Voxwik
2 months ago#4
I'm not sure if this applies:
https://www.displayport.org/cables/driving-multiple-displays-from-a-single-displayport-output/

KillerTruffle
2 months ago#5
Voxwik posted...
I'm not sure if this applies:
https://www.displayport.org/cables/driving-multiple-displays-from-a-single-displayport-output/

I don't believe splitting a DisplayPort signal extends the number of supported monitors - pretty sure it's stil going to have a maximum of 4.

User Info: DragonGirlYuki

DragonGirlYuki
2 months ago#6
You will need HDMI 2.0. Connect the 4k monitors to the display port and HDMI ports while your 1440p monitor needs a dual link dvi.

If you get issues you may need to activate the onboard graphics on your motherboard if it supports multi monitor support.
~Yuki~

User Info: Garquill

Garquill
2 months ago#7
SRV_God posted...
Curious, why do you need that many?

Combining a gaming station with a work station. I do work-at-home programming and market trading. There's no shortage of things to look at and I'm feeling limited at 3 1080p monitors right now.
"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." ~ A. Einstein

KillerTruffle
2 months ago#8
I know that feel... once you go multi-monitor, you can never go back, and enough never feels like enough. I could *easily* make use of four screens here at work, but I'm stuck on two.

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
2 months ago#9
I'm seeing conflicting info on whether or not daisy chain will work, but someone on Reddit suggested it counts all of the extra displays as a single wide resolution display in the driver/in windows.

If your HDMI outputs support 4k60, you should be able to handle 4 just fine, provided the displays also support 4k60 over hdmi. Maybe you have a IGP that can run the 5th?
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud

User Info: Unsugarized_Foo

Unsugarized_Foo
2 months ago#10
You can use your onboard along side the GPU if you wanted to. Ive done that before, just make sure your main display is connected to your GPU, obz
"All I have is my balls and my word, and I don't break them for anyone!"-Tony Montana
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. 4-5 monitors on a single GTX 1060 - any potential problems?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived