This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What GPU you got and why you chose it?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What GPU you got and why you chose it?

User Info: yars

yars
4 months ago#21
1080, because i had an rx480 and it broke, so asus sent me a 1080 as a replacement, as they didn't have any 480s in stock.
My whole life has been a miserable pig filled ordeal because of you.

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
4 months ago#22
yars posted...
1080, because i had an rx480 and it broke, so asus sent me a 1080 as a replacement, as they didn't have any 480s in stock.

Woot! Although that might suck if you are using a freesync monitor.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: Cpt_Communism

Cpt_Communism
4 months ago#23
Titan X. The Pascal line just released so Maxwell lost a lot of value. I could pick up a 1070 or Titan X for around the same price. Easy choice, why would anyone choose a 1070 in this situation?
You're not obligated to attend every argument.
The ability to walk away from something stupid is a huge boost to daily life.

User Info: Rraawwrr

Rraawwrr
4 months ago#24
1070. Been thinking about a 1080 but realized it is quite overkill because I don't play demanding/AAA games save for Witcher 3 at 144hz 1440p.

captsplatter_1
4 months ago#25
Rraawwrr posted...
1070. Been thinking about a 1080 but realized it is quite overkill because I don't play demanding/AAA games save for Witcher 3 at 144hz 1440p.

A few games I played with a 1080 at those specs and it sometimes just barely stays above 60fps, then again I maxed everything. I get a good 70-100fps most of the time though, maxed out at 1440p. No such thing as overkill for gaming.
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: DerPancake

DerPancake
4 months ago#26
captsplatter_1 posted...
DerPancake posted...
Vega56

Saw it for $380 at Amazon with no tax, and as someone living in California that is a good deal.

Where in California, hopefully way up north. Also Vega56 seems like a good 1070 equivalent card.

Bay area, though I also sided with Vega cause I already had a Freesync monitor.

User Info: Rraawwrr

Rraawwrr
4 months ago#27
captsplatter_1 posted...
Rraawwrr posted...

A few games I played with a 1080 at those specs and it sometimes just barely stays above 60fps, then again I maxed everything. I get a good 70-100fps most of the time though, maxed out at 1440p. No such thing as overkill for gaming.

Every game that I'm playing hovers above 60fps max settings average with the exception of Witcher 3 hairworks off (my minimums are much higher compared to my old CPU maybe because I'm using high speed RAM now). But then again I'm playing non-demanding titles by 2017 standard and those released from the last few years. For most people out there who plays demanding games like Deus Ex: MD or Ghost Recon Wildlands then my setup won't cut it.

This is the beauty of PC gaming, we can tailor stuff according to our very specific needs and wants.

User Info: yars

yars
4 months ago#28
captsplatter_1 posted...
yars posted...

it still wouldn't suck.
My whole life has been a miserable pig filled ordeal because of you.

captsplatter_1
4 months ago#29
yars posted...
captsplatter_1 posted...
yars posted...

it still wouldn't suck.

Well I suppose you are right, its a nice GPU upgrade.

User Info: ArkonBlade

ArkonBlade
4 months ago#30
GTX 980 TI

got it because it was the best GPU you could get at the time and i wanted some thing to last me a good 3-4 years. plus it brute forces through badly optimized games well enough.
YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ArkonBlade/videos
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow STEAM - ArkonBlade
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What GPU you got and why you chose it?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived