This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Geforce 1180 speculated to retail $700 USD using GDDR6 releasing May/June 2018

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Geforce 1180 speculated to retail $700 USD using GDDR6 releasing May/June 2018

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
4 months ago#51
DiehardFFv2 posted...
blacklabelice posted...
ArcadeGuy posted...
blacklabelice posted...
no source and nothing on google. is tc worthy of taking up an ignore slot?

This isn't on Google. It's posted from someone who works in the industry on Facebook set to private.

oh so you pulled it out of your ass

bye for now!

Or you could just use a bit of history to get a pretty good ideal of Nvidia's release cycle. They've been pretty consistent going back I believe 7 generations at this point. The price is all speculation sure, but once again you can use history to get good ballpark figures.

ballpark figures, also known as non-verified, fabricated, pulled-out-of-ass.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: Darth_Kamcio

Darth_Kamcio
4 months ago#52
JKatarn posted...
DiehardFFv2 posted...
blacklabelice posted...
ArcadeGuy posted...
blacklabelice posted...

This isn't on Google. It's posted from someone who works in the industry on Facebook set to private.

bye for now!

Or you could just use a bit of history to get a pretty good ideal of Nvidia's release cycle. They've been pretty consistent going back I believe 7 generations at this point. The price is all speculation sure, but once again you can use history to get good ballpark figures.

Come on, man, without extrapolation nobody would have invented anything, except by accidents.
You have absolutely no right to complain about a decision you decided to support with your money. Be smart and vote with your wallets!

User Info: lightningbugx

lightningbugx
4 months ago#53
JKatarn posted...
DiehardFFv2 posted...
blacklabelice posted...
ArcadeGuy posted...
blacklabelice posted...

bye for now!

My figures are based on comparing specs of the GV100 against how the whole Pascal series went out. Basically, Nvidia added 4 more stream modules to each graphics cluster. The Titan and professional card have 6 clusters, the x80 and x70 have 4 clusters, the x60 batch has 2 clusters, and the x50 batch has 1 cluster that may have an additional module to improve yield for the budget card. The professional card has 64 CUDA cores per stream module while the consumer card combines each pair of modules to cut some of the cache down, resulting in 128 CUDA cores and such per module. The ROPs are the same as memory bandwidth is still a bottleneck for pixel draw rate.

It is all basic math.

The price side, I will assume a price increase.
Ryzen 1800X, 16GB 3600 MHz CAS15 DDR4, 2x Radeon Vega 56, GA-AX370-Gaming K7
x86 is holding back PCs.

User Info: RainblowDash

RainblowDash
4 months ago#54
The latest Titan uses HBM2, I don't think anyone will skip that next gen.
Ryzen 7 1700X - Sapphire RX Vega 64 - ASRock Fatal1ty X370
Samsung 960 EVO 500gb - G.Skill TridentZ RGB 16gb - Silverstone SX700 700W
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Geforce 1180 speculated to retail $700 USD using GDDR6 releasing May/June 2018

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived