This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Geforce 1180 speculated to retail $700 USD using GDDR6 releasing May/June 2018

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Geforce 1180 speculated to retail $700 USD using GDDR6 releasing May/June 2018

User Info: loader963

loader963
2 months ago#41
Quadros and Tesla’s are even worse from what I read but not my area of interest.
I can be patient, but I'm not waiting!

User Info: iemerg_

iemerg_
2 months ago#42
protools1983 posted...
I only buy ti releases so not interested.

ya u need them to run that overrated 4k setup
7700K@5.0 - 1080 - EVGA 750 - 16GB DDR4 - Z270 ASUS
H100v2 - Evolv ATX - 500GB SAMSUNG SSD - 1TB WD BLACK

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
2 months ago#43
iemerg_ posted...
protools1983 posted...
I only buy ti releases so not interested.

ya u need them to run that overrated 4k setup

Quick question did you have to delid your 7700k?
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: lightningbugx

lightningbugx
2 months ago#44
Here is my speculation

GTX 1180: 3584 CUDA cores, 224 Texture Units, 64 ROPs, 8GB of GDDR6
GTX 1160: 1792 CUDA cores, 112 Texture Units, 48 ROPs, 6GB of GDDR6
GTX 1150: 896 CUDA cores, 56 Texture Units, 32 ROPs, 2GB of GDDR6
GTX 1150ti: 1024 CUDA cores, 64 Texture Units, 32 ROPs, 4GB of GDDR6

My Price guesses
GTX 1180: $700
GTX 1170: $450
GTX 1160: $300
GTX 1150: $125
GTX 1150ti: $175

I am also speculating that Nvidia will release a Titan Xv which will be Titan V but with GDDR6 VRAM and no Tensor Cores. The GV102 will be stripped out until it can fit on one page. I will guess the GTX 1180ti, being the one with GV102 with a locked cores, will be $850, while the Titan Xv (full version) will be $1,500 at least. The 1180ti will have matching specs to Titan V but without Tensor Cores.

I can't guess the specs for the GTX 1170 because it is the defective version of the GTX 1180 where cores are locked to improve yield.

Next part. The jump from 16nm to 12nm is not all that big. Therefore, the clock rate boosts that Pascal saw over Maxwell from jumping from 28nm down to 16nm won't be seen. The added 2 SM per graphics pipe will add more power consumption and could negate clock rate improvements. As such, I don't expect more than a 10% increase in stock clock rates.

I am speculating a 54% improvement in floating point operations per second over Pascal, mostly due to increased core count, but I am expecting lower improvement in gaming performance.
Ryzen 1800X, 16GB 3600 MHz CAS15 DDR4, 2x Radeon Vega 56, GA-AX370-Gaming K7
x86 is holding back PCs.

User Info: Mr kitty

Mr kitty
2 months ago#45
1180 is using a mid size chip, I hold no interest unless it's based on the big chip.
https://www.youtube.com/user/MrDeapGamingMedia

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
2 months ago#46
cryemerg is so upset
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: Darth_Kamcio

Darth_Kamcio
2 months ago#47
ArcadeGuy speculated to have double-digits IQ.

Also, no hbm2 no buy.
You have absolutely no right to complain about a decision you decided to support with your money. Be smart and vote with your wallets!

User Info: Fony

Fony
2 months ago#48
Even AMD is moving to GDDR6.
It's not the end of the world, but we can see it from here.

User Info: DiehardFFv2

DiehardFFv2
2 months ago#49
blacklabelice posted...
ArcadeGuy posted...
blacklabelice posted...
no source and nothing on google. is tc worthy of taking up an ignore slot?

This isn't on Google. It's posted from someone who works in the industry on Facebook set to private.

oh so you pulled it out of your ass

bye for now!

Or you could just use a bit of history to get a pretty good ideal of Nvidia's release cycle. They've been pretty consistent going back I believe 7 generations at this point. The price is all speculation sure, but once again you can use history to get good ballpark figures.
6600k @4.6GHz | GTX 1080 SLI | 16GB DDR4 | 500GB SSD | 4TB HDD

User Info: BearShrooms

BearShrooms
2 months ago#50
DiehardFFv2 posted...
blacklabelice posted...
ArcadeGuy posted...
blacklabelice posted...
no source and nothing on google. is tc worthy of taking up an ignore slot?

This isn't on Google. It's posted from someone who works in the industry on Facebook set to private.

oh so you pulled it out of your ass

bye for now!

Or you could just use a bit of history to get a pretty good ideal of Nvidia's release cycle. They've been pretty consistent going back I believe 7 generations at this point. The price is all speculation sure, but once again you can use history to get good ballpark figures.

Yeah, that's what he said, pulled it out of his ass.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Geforce 1180 speculated to retail $700 USD using GDDR6 releasing May/June 2018

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived