This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I don't understand Tales of Berseria.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I don't understand Tales of Berseria.

User Info: Terrorknight3

Terrorknight3
4 months ago#1
I feel like I keep on spamming the same artes over and over. There are so many artes that it is confusing to use.

How do you navigate through the arte system?

User Info: daemon_dan

daemon_dan
4 months ago#2
by not being terrible at it
"Don't you know our lives are on trial now? And if we lose, we're going straight to Hell! I could care less."
~DevilDriver: I Could Care Less

User Info: Silvererazor

Silvererazor
4 months ago#3
You construct the artes-chain based on: artetype, cost, the elemental weaknesses, enemytype and if the moves can be chained.

User Info: Pelaaja82

Pelaaja82
4 months ago#4
Berseria had like the most boring Tales combat i have ever seen.
Pc: i7 6700k/980 ti/16gb ram and Ps4.

User Info: speedforce131

speedforce131
4 months ago#5
When you go into any given area, look at the enemies, what type they are and what weaknesses they have. Customize your arte combos around these types and weaknesses. Going into a fight, you want to build up points by killing enemies using your customized combo. That will allow you to extend the amount of combos you can do.

The basic game plan is to whittle their HP down low enough, then activate your claw form (it'll take away one of your combo points), kill the enemy which gains your points back. If the fights last long enough, you can activate your super arte or whatever it's called.

Pelaaja82 posted...

It only seems boring because of the point buildup process. But once things get rolling, you couldn't slow it down enough. It's just total action.

Terrorknight3
4 months ago#6
daemon_dan posted...

What an extremely constructive post.

User Info: daemon_dan

daemon_dan
4 months ago#7
Terrorknight3 posted...
daemon_dan posted...

It's a really simple system and the fact that you can't grasp it is just mind boggling
"Don't you know our lives are on trial now? And if we lose, we're going straight to Hell! I could care less."
~DevilDriver: I Could Care Less

Terrorknight3
4 months ago#8
daemon_dan posted...
Terrorknight3 posted...
daemon_dan posted...

It's a really simple system and the fact that you can't grasp it is just mind boggling

Simple system is subjective. Once I got into the game, I was bombarded with artes so it would make sense why it would seem quite confusing to me.

User Info: Pelaaja82

Pelaaja82
4 months ago#9
speedforce131 posted...
When you go into any given area, look at the enemies, what type they are and what weaknesses they have. Customize your arte combos around these types and weaknesses. Going into a fight, you want to build up points by killing enemies using your customized combo. That will allow you to extend the amount of combos you can do.

The basic game plan is to whittle their HP down low enough, then activate your claw form (it'll take away one of your combo points), kill the enemy which gains your points back. If the fights last long enough, you can activate your super arte or whatever it's called.

Pelaaja82 posted...

It only seems boring because of the point buildup process. But once things get rolling, you couldn't slow it down enough. It's just total action.

That is what made it so boring for me, the full on button smashing action didnt appeal to me at all. I find the older Tales games combat much better, than in this new one.
Pc: i7 6700k/980 ti/16gb ram and Ps4.

User Info: Ciera

Ciera
4 months ago#10
Pelaaja82 posted...

This. The combat is so dumbed down.
I'll... shave that cat.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I don't understand Tales of Berseria.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived