This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best way of setting internet restrictions?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Best way of setting internet restrictions?

User Info: ValzacardX

ValzacardX
5 months ago#1
So I got a request to set access for select sites for a kid. What would be a good way to go about that?
GT:Kahlilx77 PSN:CBE_Rookie
Currently playing: Gundam Versus, Destiny 2, Warframe(PC), and Xcom Enemy Unknown.

User Info: mucloud

mucloud
5 months ago#2
Set them up from Windows accounts.

Set each kid with there own you can set the site ratings

Times to get on and off

Say you want them to see Nickelodeon site and that is under a rating and if they access a adult site by mistake it will stop them and ask for permission from the Admin which is you before they can see it.
Corsair Carbide 540 White W10 64bit ASRock AB350 Pro4 AMD RYZEN 7 1700X 750Watt Thermaltake PSU Patriot Viper Elite 16GB RAM XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB

User Info: mucloud

mucloud
5 months ago#3
I think its called parent control.
Corsair Carbide 540 White W10 64bit ASRock AB350 Pro4 AMD RYZEN 7 1700X 750Watt Thermaltake PSU Patriot Viper Elite 16GB RAM XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB

User Info: ZaruenKosai

ZaruenKosai
5 months ago#4
I'm surprised no one has given you the correct answer... Inform your children and educate them. If you can not trust them on the web alone. Perhaps they are not old enough. Chances are your kid is gonna grow up and bypass the block anyways. Wouldn't you rather your kid be prepared and full of wisdom
I6700K - ASUS R9 390 STRIX - 16 Gigs DDR4 3200 - Z170-XP - Corsair 500R
"You'd best start believing in ghost stories Miss Turner. You're in one!"

User Info: nominturddaddy

nominturddaddy
5 months ago#5
Net Nanny.
My current setup: https://i.imgur.com/c8xbRW0.png
Some of my gamer cred: https://i.imgur.com/q7RXULk.png

User Info: 27_Sandman_40

27_Sandman_40
5 months ago#6
Vote for net neutrality
yankees ws chizzamps

User Info: SchoolRumble

SchoolRumble
5 months ago#7
ZaruenKosai posted...
I'm surprised no one has given you the correct answer... Inform your children and educate them. If you can not trust them on the web alone. Perhaps they are not old enough. Chances are your kid is gonna grow up and bypass the block anyways. Wouldn't you rather your kid be prepared and full of wisdom

im with this guy, i never understood why people would shield their kid from information. ya theres a lot of toxicity but i had already learned how to code, host and operate a website by the age of 11. there are too many opportunities out there to be limiting a fresh mind.
PSN: BlindyTwo
Gamertag: Blindy II

User Info: ClunkerSlim

ClunkerSlim
5 months ago#8
ZaruenKosai posted...
I'm surprised no one has given you the correct answer... Inform your children and educate them.

Bah ha ha! Lol!
Do you even have kids?

“Now kids, you’re on the honor system. Don’t look up how to build a pipe bomb or Debbie Does Dallas.” Some of you guys need to come back to the real world.

Anyway... your router should have some parental controls too. You can set up some restrictions there and usage times.
https://twitter.com/ClunkerSlim

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
5 months ago#9
27_Sandman_40 posted...
Vote for net neutrality

Already did. Way ahead of you.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Best way of setting internet restrictions?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived