This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

AMD Ryzen 2 coming March 2018. Launch On 12nm. Hell yes : D

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. AMD Ryzen 2 coming March 2018. Launch On 12nm. Hell yes : D

User Info: gamefaqwatcher

gamefaqwatcher
2 months ago#11
Pass. I didn't buy a Ryzen 3 so why would I buy a downgrade?
See you in WoD! Praise the sun! Diamond Dog is a Wolf! Currently playing: Dark Souls 1
Weebs refer to the mana series as Seiken Densetsu.

User Info: Pelaaja82

Pelaaja82
2 months ago#12
gamefaqwatcher posted...
Pass. I didn't buy a Ryzen 3 so why would I buy a downgrade?

You didnt read the article at all to say something like that:

AMD’s next generation Ryzen 2 CPUs are set to debut on 12nm process technology in the first quarter of 2018. The new lineup comprised of 2000 series Ryzen 7, Ryzen 5 and Ryzen 3 2000 microprocessors is said to bring higher clock speeds and better overclockability to the table in addition to support for faster DDR4 RAM.
Pc: i7 6700k/980 ti/16gb ram and Ps4.

User Info: RainblowDash

RainblowDash
2 months ago#13
Already? Wow
Ryzen 7 1700X - Sapphire RX Vega 64 - ASRock Fatal1ty X370
Samsung 960 EVO 500gb - G.Skill TridentZ RGB 16gb - Silverstone SX700 700W

User Info: HeliosMagi

HeliosMagi
2 months ago#14
Any word on a core count increase or is it just higher clock speeds? Kinda hoping the Ryzen 3 2200 and 2300x will have 6 cores.
"I had a classmate who legitimately expected Mario 65 to come out."
"He ate glue."

User Info: wantfastcars

wantfastcars
2 months ago#15
HeliosMagi posted...
Any word on a core count increase or is it just higher clock speeds? Kinda hoping the Ryzen 3 2200 and 2300x will have 6 cores.

TweakTown is claiming the 2800X (successor to the 1800X) will be 12c/24t hitting 5.1GHz out of the box.

If the "new" version of the 1800x is pushing 5.1 GHz out of the box (as TweakTown claims), that's already pretty goddamn impressive for even an 8c/16t CPU - provided it's not pushing 100C out of the box, at least - much less as 12c/24t.

It'll certainly bear consideration if it pans out.

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/60100/amds-new-ryzen-7-2800x-teased-12c-24t-up-5-1ghz/index.html

Probably about as believable as wccftech, but hey.
Now Playing: Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2
Now, let's count up your sins!

User Info: Silvererazor

Silvererazor
2 months ago#16
HeliosMagi posted...

Doubtful. Pinnacle Ridge will have "up to 8 Zencores", so basically the same amount it was. So the reuction of cores from tier to tier should remain the same.

User Info: Voxwik

Voxwik
2 months ago#17
My question is simple: will it at least bring it in line with my i7 4790k?

My nephew definitely needs a new CPU. He's on a Core2 Quad. The problem is this machine has the i7 4790k and my sister's has the i5 4670k. As far as I understand it, neither of those machines will need CPU upgrades for years. As much as I like my family I'm not dropping hundreds alone on his machine though, but handing down parts for both myself and my sister seems like a nice thing to do for him.

As it stands now (especially with sky high RAM prices and storage prices slightly more expensive than a few years ago for the same size) I can't justify a CPU upgrade. I was very close to just getting the i7 8700k even though I don't need it, but the fact it's selling for higher than the MSRP stopped that insanity.

I'm hoping the Ryzen refresh will be better than the i7 4790k, or at least so close the difference is negligible. As I understand it even the i5 4670k can do better single core performance then the best current Ryzen chips. That's not to say Ryzen is bad; I just can't justify a slight downgrade of a side grade for either machine.

To truly upgrade my machine would take a couple months worth of pay, and while I could kind of afford it that's a lot of money to blow on equipment that will be outdated in a couple years.

2TB M.2 NVMe SSD with 32GB RAM with the i7 8700k and GTX 1080 would be the kind of upgrade that would be of any consequence to me, and I don't game in 4k anyway and the 4k TV is in the other room. My plan was 4k by 2020 or so, but considering how many amazing classic games are being ported to the PC and how my current machine runs newer games great at 1080p I'm having a real hard time justifying an upgrade.

I'm hoping the Ryzen refresh is a solution. I think if it's still inferior to our current CPUs I'll just get a mid range CPU for my nephew. He insists he doesn't need it, but he's always on my sister's machine...

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
2 months ago#18
Now if only their GPU's were good then the new 1180 TI GPU wouldn't cost $1000.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. AMD Ryzen 2 coming March 2018. Launch On 12nm. Hell yes : D

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived