This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should I sell my PS4 or keep it ? I've switched to PC gaming exclusively.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Should I sell my PS4 or keep it ? I've switched to PC gaming exclusively.

User Info: Kano92

Kano92
5 months ago#1
Sell or keep ? - Results (85 votes)
Sell
25.88% (22 votes)
Keep
74.12% (63 votes)
This poll is now closed.
The only games that interest me so far:

God of War
Horizon: Zero Dawn
inFamous: Second Son
inFamous: First Light
Uncharted
Yakuza 0 (maybe)
Destiny 1
Killzone
Ratchet and clank

Out of the games I've mention already bought uncharted,Ratchet and clank, killzone.

By the way I don't have a PS+ membership I'm not spending money on that. I'd only be playing the single player campaigns of these games. Also not sure if I would run into problems trying to play destiny without a PS+ membership. To be fair I've only cared about single player campaigns anyway.
GameStop would only give me $120 for my PS4, I could buy $120 worth of steam gift cards though.
PC-WiiU-PS4

User Info: ablerider

ablerider
5 months ago#2
Definitely keep, there are some nice exclusives coming next year and you'll probably be able to sell it for $100 or even $120 when the ps5 comes.

User Info: burn420247

burn420247
5 months ago#3
keep. options are a nice thing to have.
Romans1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ

User Info: Death_Born

Death_Born
5 months ago#4
Keep, exclusives are very worth it even without PS+

User Info: Ultimate_Noob

Ultimate_Noob
5 months ago#5
Check out PS Now, which is a streaming service to play Playstation games on pc. I don't know exactly how expansive the library is, but if you sold your PS4 then just bought a PS Now subscription with the money ($15~/month) you might come out ahead in spare cash while still playing some of the games you're interested in.
A pc's brain is the cpu, its heart is the motherboard, its stomach is the hard drive, and its anus is the user.

Kano92
5 months ago#6
Ultimate_Noob posted...
Check out PS Now, which is a streaming service to play Playstation games on pc. I don't know exactly how expansive the library is, but if you sold your PS4 then just bought a PS Now subscription with the money ($15~/month) you might come out ahead in spare cash while still playing some of the games you're interested in.

Thanks for your advice but there's no way I am locking myself into a $15 a month service which probably won't have the games that I want or the latest games that I want for the PS4.
PC-WiiU-PS4

Kano92
5 months ago#7
ablerider posted...
Definitely keep, there are some nice exclusives coming next year and you'll probably be able to sell it for $100 or even $120 when the ps5 comes.

See their lies the problem right there I'm trying to stop buying consoles cuz I always have to end up buying one every 3-5 years these days.

I don't want to buy a PS5 I don't want to spend that money. I switched to PC because I want to save money in the long run and not have to buy upgraded consoles every few years.

Last gen consoles had a lot more exclusives but it's hard to justify this generation.

I hear what you guys are saying but buying a console for 10 games is kind of ridiculous, on my book. I spent $250 on it last year, and now if I sell it I'm only getting about 120$. It's easier to keep now I just wish I wouldn't have bought it in the first place.
PC-WiiU-PS4

User Info: locksmithblack

locksmithblack
5 months ago#8
Kano92 posted...
ablerider posted...

See their lies the problem right there I'm trying to stop buying consoles cuz I always have to end up buying one every 3-5 years these days.

I don't want to buy a PS5 I don't want to spend that money. I switched to PC because I want to save money in the long run and not have to buy upgraded consoles every few years.

Last gen consoles had a lot more exclusives but it's hard to justify this generation.

I hear what you guys are saying but buying a console for 10 games is kind of ridiculous, on my book. I spent $250 on it last year, and now if I sell it I'm only getting about 120$. It's easier to keep now I just wish I wouldn't have bought it in the first place.

Well then it sounds like you've already made your decision. You either enjoy exclusives enough to keep it or need the money more. Which is it?
Haters = Motivators

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
5 months ago#9
Personally I'd keep it - you have a fair list of exclusive games there.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: Death_Born

Death_Born
5 months ago#10
Kano92 posted...

People usually upgrade their PC every 3-5 years, I don't see the difference here. Almost no one keeps the same gaming PC for 10 years.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Should I sell my PS4 or keep it ? I've switched to PC gaming exclusively.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived