This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone (with VR) pick up X Rebirth VR Edition?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Anyone (with VR) pick up X Rebirth VR Edition?

User Info: -5xad0w-

-5xad0w-
7 months ago#1
It is the first space/flight game I have seen that features motion control integration and I am wondering how well that works out.
"This is a cool way to die!" -Philip J. Fry
KCO222OB|1440 Watts|6 Slice|Timer|Crumb Tray|Is a Toaster Oven

User Info: arleas

arleas
7 months ago#2
I think a lot of people were disappointed in X-Rebirth and so it's probably not very popular even in VR form. I would like it if there was some option to use the vive wands in Elite Dangerous (like pointing at the various panels instead of using the controls on the HOTAS to select stuff) but that's really the only thing that bugs me about not using motion controls.

Well that, and the fact that if I try to start up Elite Dangerous with the vive controllers active it complains that the controllers won't work in game.

I've got one game that uses motion controls for everything (Ultrawings) and it's neat, but ultimately I would prefer an actual stick to use to hovering my controller in mid air holding an imaginary stick. I don't know if that's how far they take it in X Rebirth though...
http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561197969913402.png http://i.imgur.com/VHKOxqN.png
FC: 3325-5440-8407 Dream Code:5E00-0013-7C61

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
7 months ago#3
Yeah, I can't imagine that VR fixes any of the problems Rebirth had at all - they basically took X3 and looked at everything that made that such a great game, then stripped it all out.
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23

-5xad0w-
7 months ago#4
Gonna give it a try, just realized you can play it free for the next 2 days.

User Info: arleas

arleas
7 months ago#5
-5xad0w- posted...
you can play it free for the next 2 days.

The VR version? (goes and looks) Yep, I guess you're right... if it's free to try out might as well do it and answer your own question.
http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561197969913402.png http://i.imgur.com/VHKOxqN.png
FC: 3325-5440-8407 Dream Code:5E00-0013-7C61

-5xad0w-
7 months ago#6
arleas posted...
-5xad0w- posted...
you can play it free for the next 2 days.

The VR version? (goes and looks) Yep, I guess you're right... if it's free to try out might as well do it and answer your own question.

Well, I liked everything but the space combat.

And it is a space combat game, so definitely a pass for me.

User Info: Jason_Hudson

Jason_Hudson
7 months ago#7
I have Elite Dangerous but since it's a free trial, I might as well give this a look. Never got into the X series though. Been meaning to, but still.
i7 4790k@4.6GHz | EVGA 1080 FTW | 16GB RAM | 1440p@144hz - GLORIOUS PC MASTER RACE!
TRUMP IS THE GREATEST PRESIDENT!

User Info: TheMadToker

TheMadToker
7 months ago#8
Jason_Hudson posted...
I have Elite Dangerous but since it's a free trial, I might as well give this a look. Never got into the X series though. Been meaning to, but still.

Rebirth is definitely NOT the game to play to get the X experience.

It's a completely different game compared to Albion Prelude and is simply god awful.
"Vengeance is mine!" quoth Alvis, and then he shot that guy right in the friggin' face.

User Info: Moonse

Moonse
7 months ago#9
TheMadToker posted...
Jason_Hudson posted...

Rebirth is definitely NOT the game to play to get the X experience.

It's a completely different game compared to Albion Prelude and is simply god awful.

It's...alright these days in my opinion. The whole only one ship being pilot-able was absolutely madness to be sure, though I am quite biased in it's favor as in X3 I was primarily a M6 pilot so being given what was essentially a highly configurable M6 with M3 like handling was actually pretty sweet for me.

There's still building businesses, there's still piracy, there's still trading and doing odd jobs with greater variety than X3TC/AP outside of mods. Changes to boarding cap ships is by far my favorite change in Rebirth and I love being able to target cap ship modules like shield generators, engines, turrets etc. I thought fleet control was a bit nicer, too, out of the box anyway.

Just gotta endure the stupid walking around on space stations s*** and garbage diving in vent shafts for chocolate. f***in... why do this, Egosoft?

Here's hoping X4 will be a good game 3 years after it's release as Egosoft can't seem to figure out launches. Makes you wonder why they aren't riding the early access train.
Mind the grue.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Anyone (with VR) pick up X Rebirth VR Edition?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived