This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Nvidia Titan V (Volta) Launched - $2,999

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Nvidia Titan V (Volta) Launched - $2,999

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
4 months ago#101
Mitsukiba posted...
captsplatter_1 posted...
Mitsukiba posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Not sure what exactly you're responding to. Just seems to be unrelated random tripe.

Just shutting down your constant misorfamtion by providing other factual evidence of how AMD had their hands tied. You blamed AMD, but there were several layers of plausibility. RTG was given money the CFO failed to make RX Vega worth something amazing, despite bringing HBM2 to the forefront.

But the real reason AMD failed, is because, we, the Consumer didn’t buy their stuff when it was at its prime. We instead went to Nvidia because we believed everything, but really we shouldn’t have and they lied directly to our faces, but we bought it. The facts were there, but no one cared.

Now AMD has sold their GPUs to miners and Nvidia is grossly overpricing GPUs. The only losers are us.

AMD has tried time and time again to put us first and we rejected them.

I hope a third company jumps in the GPU market.

That would be fantastic. But the cost of entry at this rate would be higher than the reward I fear. Maybe one of the smaller companies will join in the market. I just hope not Intel.

Of which they just hired Raja Koduri... The CFO in RTG and Lead Architect I mentioned before. Intel has something planned.

Unless intel I don't know locks only intel GPUs can be used, in which case I go Ryzen next build. But isn't more competition regardless who it is?
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: Mitsukiba

Mitsukiba
4 months ago#102
captsplatter_1 posted...
Mitsukiba posted...
captsplatter_1 posted...
Mitsukiba posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Not sure what exactly you're responding to. Just seems to be unrelated random tripe.

Just shutting down your constant misorfamtion by providing other factual evidence of how AMD had their hands tied. You blamed AMD, but there were several layers of plausibility. RTG was given money the CFO failed to make RX Vega worth something amazing, despite bringing HBM2 to the forefront.

But the real reason AMD failed, is because, we, the Consumer didn’t buy their stuff when it was at its prime. We instead went to Nvidia because we believed everything, but really we shouldn’t have and they lied directly to our faces, but we bought it. The facts were there, but no one cared.

Now AMD has sold their GPUs to miners and Nvidia is grossly overpricing GPUs. The only losers are us.

I hope a third company jumps in the GPU market.

That would be fantastic. But the cost of entry at this rate would be higher than the reward I fear. Maybe one of the smaller companies will join in the market. I just hope not Intel.

Of which they just hired Raja Koduri... The CFO in RTG and Lead Architect I mentioned before. Intel has something planned.

Unless intel I don't know locks only intel GPUs can be used, in which case I go Ryzen next build. But isn't more competition regardless who it is?

I suppose that’s true. I just would hate to see what these guys have in mind...
i7-4930k, EVGA X79 Classified, CM V8 GTS, CM Stormtrooper, 16GB HyperX Sav. 1600MHz, EVGA GTX 960 2G, AMD R7 240 SSD, WD Black 1T, CM V750.
My GPU is trash. :(

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
4 months ago#103
Mitsukiba posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Mitsukiba posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Mitsukiba posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...

Yeah, no, you just kind of went on a rant and completely ignored everything I said.

You blamed AMD. When they had several other problems including misinformation and obviously the most prominent which is Intel’s monopoly.

Factually, marketing to enthusiasts is wasted effort. They’ll do research for a purchase. Consumers go by what the Enthusiasts say and word of mouth.

And if they don’t know, they’ll simply look at benchmarks which can be very misleading.

Are you that simple? Yeah, Intel helped them along(for the what, 5th time?), but AMD dug their own grave with bad business decisions, from misrepresenting products to faulty parts to botched/paper launches to poor acquisitions to just outright uncompetitive products.
AMD's history of failures is well documented.

Whatever. You say helped them a long like it was the smallest of the problems. You’re single handedly downplaying a monopoly. AMD may’ve lied to keep themselves afloat.

Even with ATI making phenomenal cards, faster cards for cheaper or the same price as the competition people still bought Nvidia.

Coffee Lake was a Paper Launch, but instead of buying Ryzen Chips which operate very well, people are buying last Gen i5’s.

Sure, Piledriver was a trash Architecture. But it was built for the future. A future that hasn’t shown optimization until now. It’s even literally caught up to Sandybridge.

Who are you trying to fool with that hardcore shilling, though? Apologizing for AMD's f***ups isn't going to help them stop f***ing up. It's going to make them keep f***ing up because they'll think they can get away with it.
Also, Piledriver was launched against Ivy. Catching up with Sandy isn't really something praiseworthy, especially when it took apparently more than half a decade to do, and tbqh, no it really hasn't. It's the same garbage it was on launch, we just have some more heavily threaded game engines now.
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud

Mitsukiba
4 months ago#104
If shilling is stating facts as they are, so be it.

If Ryzen is a f*** up, then Coffee Lake is trash incarnate. Those i9’s? Absolute rubbish. But they will sell.

Uh... Yes it has. Now you’re just ignoring the truth. And my bad it was the 8320, neglible difference but a difference.

The praise was that the 8320 performs much better due to AMD’s forethought. And is a fact that more cores mean a lot more.

But again; why did no one buy ATI’s cards? Huh? Nvidia was selling garbage. I’ve no reason to shill, but you’re being unfair.

Also; FYI I root for the underdog. f***, AMD if it came to it. I don’t own an AMD Processor. You see my specs?

I bought the best there was for the money. I had; the GPU was a gift because everything is so expensive.

I’m pro technology. That is all.
i7-4930k, EVGA X79 Classified, CM V8 GTS, CM Stormtrooper, 16GB HyperX Sav. 1600MHz, EVGA GTX 960 2G, AMD R7 240 SSD, WD Black 1T, CM V750.

DarkZV2Beta
4 months ago#105
Nobody mentioned Ryzen but you. But people like you are bad for AMD. They see s*** like this and think they can get away with anything, and then they do garbage.
AMD is actually doing really well right now, but why they're in a bad situation is because they were s***, by their own action.

User Info: Otimus

Otimus
4 months ago#106
Mitsukiba posted...
Even with ATI making phenomenal cards, faster cards for cheaper or the same price as the competition people still bought Nvidia.

yeah, and you know why? Bad marketing.
Now Playing
Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)

Mitsukiba
4 months ago#107
Otimus posted...
Mitsukiba posted...

yeah, and you know why? Bad marketing.

Not at all. The press showed everyone the truth but no one cared. Brand loyalty never changes.

DarkZV2Beta
4 months ago#108
What press? Enthusiast-oriented tech sites?
Also, when AMD(/ATi) actually had better products, they sold quite well, and even had a majority marketshare for a while.
And then they pissed it away with bad driver support, broken crossfire to complement their pushing of multi-gpu cards on the high end, and generally s***ty developer relations.

AMD is one of those companies that won't get it right until getting it wrong blows up in their face. I mean s***, look at their drivers now! They're making nVidia look bad at this point. But, after so many years of broken crossfire, weak support for just released games, short support life, and general lack of f***s given whenever anyone brought it up, they have a long way to go to win back that consumer trust.

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
4 months ago#109
DarkZV2Beta posted...
AMD is one of those companies that won't get it right until getting it wrong blows up in their face. I mean s***, look at their drivers now! They're making nVidia look bad at this point. But, after so many years of broken crossfire, weak support for just released games, short support life, and general lack of f***s given whenever anyone brought it up, they have a long way to go to win back that consumer trust.

My nv9600gt just got new drivers for windows 10 fall creators update. A 10 year old card.
AMD has a really really long way to go.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

Mitsukiba
4 months ago#110
DarkZV2Beta posted...
What press? Enthusiast-oriented tech sites?
Also, when AMD(/ATi) actually had better products, they sold quite well, and even had a majority marketshare for a while.
And then they pissed it away with bad driver support, broken crossfire to complement their pushing of multi-gpu cards on the high end, and generally s***ty developer relations.

And they did sell well, meeting almost half of the total market share at one point as I recall. But Nvidia marketed a rebranded card at the time, several times actually. When AMD is doing good they may meet 51%. But when Nvidia is doing marginally better it jumps up to 3:1 ratio. By the way, mind showing me a link on those market shares?

And yes tech press and enthusiasts, the places I imagine people would go to learn about technology would go to them. Though they run tests that make no sense and can show the world in a persoective they want.

And as a driver example; I mean, Nvidia was doing pretty bad when AMD was doing good at the time. Doesn’t stop Nvidia from selling.

Don’t get me wrong, company has some f***ed practices, but marketing won’t really get them out of this slump. Unfornately, Vega doesn’t perform as well as it needs to and HBM2 is extremely difficult with manufacturing but it did bring new technology to the consumer. Technology that may very well become a standard of course Vega Architecture was designed around Large Amounts of Memory Bandwidth.

You can market the truth and then cherry pick some good benchmarks, but that’s anti consumer. Is that what you want?

Nvidia makes some great cards with very little effort. Nvidia has released some notoriously bad flagship cards which still commanded market share. Of course, they essentially just cut down the strongest card they make to resell it later. They did it with the Titan X and Xp. And people will shell out for this Titan V too, when it isn’t even meant for PC but more for Workstations.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Nvidia Titan V (Volta) Launched - $2,999

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived