This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Your Experience with Non-Techies

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Your Experience with Non-Techies
(message deleted)

User Info: thelocalhentai

thelocalhentai
7 months ago#22
Personal experience? At the very edge of being annoyed and impatient.

There are people that ASK for help and then when you give them an experienced answer and well informed explanation, they say something else is better. The back of my hand always thirsts for sideface for that.

On the other hand, closer friends and relatives get the "educational but educate yourself after" treatment. If they don't want to learn, I tell them to go f*** themselves. If they do, then it's great since I usually never have to come back for menial s***. My mom, who's fifty something years old and grew up low tech, knows a s*** ton more than she did before after telling her how to troubleshoot stuff, she only calls me if the problem is catastrophic.

User Info: Madmicky933

Madmicky933
7 months ago#23
Sonorous_Jon1S8 posted...
How do you even get this many viruses?

I really don’t know how they do it. I know some people who tell me they haven’t used their PC in months because they think they had viruses on it. I think “How do you not know?”

I offer to help, but they never get around to bringing their PC to me.
Karma... Is a powerful force..
(message deleted)

User Info: Setzera

Setzera
7 months ago#25
When they have tech level of "Usually hitting it will unfreeze it".

User Info: tific

tific
7 months ago#26
I'm an Electrical Electronic Technician.

My definition & experience of a non techie is more negative , hazardous , dangerous or uncomfortable in many situations.But there are some commonalities.

I have to be prepared to witness revealing information on clients & customers lifestyle , culture, habits etc.. But have to be respectful of their privacy.

Many people ( especially strangers) will try & request my services to advise or perform illegal tasks so they can save money. Or camouflage their activities , behaviour etc

Many social media users are guilty of posting the most dangerous or misleading technical content , tips & advice etc.

Clients & customers have a habit of telling me how to perform a task they are unfamiliar with.After ive advised or explained something to them ( I'm also expected to work for next to nothing or free in my spare time )

I enjoy my occupation but Ive had to disassociate with many people, restrict my viewing & visiting of social media. And don't reveal my occupation/s offline unless it's unavoidable.

tificsolutions.

User Info: nominturddaddy

nominturddaddy
7 months ago#27
iemerg_ posted...
Monkeymage posted...
Years ago I made the mistake of putting up a sign in the break room where I work, saying that I would fix peoples' computers and mobile devices for a fee.

Most of it was people shoving 5 and 6 year old prebuilts onto me asking why they were running slow, and then having to clear tons of spyware, adware, etc off of them. I would provide education on what sites to avoid and they would bring them back 6 months later with exactly the same problem. It got real tiresome.

that sounds like easy profit, i wouldnt complain about that at all lol

I'm confused as well. "Stop bringing me your computer problems, I'm trying to run a PC solutions business here"?
My current setup: https://i.imgur.com/c8xbRW0.png
Some of my gamer cred: https://i.imgur.com/q7RXULk.png

User Info: mucloud

mucloud
7 months ago#28
cuteboi100 posted...
It's so frustrating people are not tech savvy ask for your help yet they don't trust what you say.

This mostly people want your help but they question you at the same time it is annoying, I did tell a person once that they asked me for the help please stop questioning my work.
Corsair Carbide 540 White W10 64bit ASRock AB350 Pro4 AMD RYZEN 7 1700X 750Watt Thermaltake PSU Patriot Viper Elite 16GB RAM XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB

User Info: mucloud

mucloud
7 months ago#29
nominturddaddy posted...
iemerg_ posted...
Monkeymage posted...
Years ago I made the mistake of putting up a sign in the break room where I work, saying that I would fix peoples' computers and mobile devices for a fee.

Most of it was people shoving 5 and 6 year old prebuilts onto me asking why they were running slow, and then having to clear tons of spyware, adware, etc off of them. I would provide education on what sites to avoid and they would bring them back 6 months later with exactly the same problem. It got real tiresome.

that sounds like easy profit, i wouldnt complain about that at all lol

I'm confused as well. "Stop bringing me your computer problems, I'm trying to run a PC solutions business here"?

What he should have done was the estimates are free but the work is $20 hr.
Corsair Carbide 540 White W10 64bit ASRock AB350 Pro4 AMD RYZEN 7 1700X 750Watt Thermaltake PSU Patriot Viper Elite 16GB RAM XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB

User Info: jjyiz28

jjyiz28
7 months ago#30
tific posted...

Many social media users are guilty of posting the most dangerous or misleading technical content , tips & advice etc.

big time on this.. lots of people giving their 'technical advice' that is that is straight out wrong and misleading. some people might correct them, other times they don't. sometimes when properly corrected with source leading to facts, they still can't admit being wrong and stick to their 'beliefs'.

i don't bother correcting others anymore when they give such faulty advice. you're trying to be helpful, ends up being a headache.

on the same token though, im not perfect and will make mistakes and when corrected i will thank the person correcting me. there's no ego when what you think was right was wrong all along.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Your Experience with Non-Techies

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived