This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

XCOM 2 worth buying even without the expansion?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. XCOM 2 worth buying even without the expansion?

User Info: xtacb

xtacb
4 months ago#21
i think only weakness is not many different classes

and the ranks max out too quickly

it was fun when still building up and leveling up my crew, but once i had max rank of all the classes, game got boring cause my crew would not gain any progression
Do you really wanna live in a world without Coca-Cola?

User Info: Gynthaeres

Gynthaeres
4 months ago#22
Jason_Hudson posted...
Born Lucky posted...
I think I'll get Enemy Unknown. I can't stand timers.

There are mods for XCOM 2 that remove nearly all of the timers in missions. I think you can change the advent timer with mods too.

Basically "mods'll fix it"

And really it's not even a thing that needs fixing. The timers are a non-issue 90% of the time, they just ensure you can't spend 50 turns creeping forward two squares -> Overwatch entire squad -> Creep forward 2 squares -> Overwatch entire squad, as people seemed to do for Enemy Unknown / Within.

And there's an option with the expansion to double the length of timers too, making them a complete non-issue as long as you actually play the game.
The sole purpose of this space is to make my post look longer.

User Info: GeminiX7

GeminiX7
4 months ago#23
Gynthaeres posted...
Jason_Hudson posted...
Born Lucky posted...
I think I'll get Enemy Unknown. I can't stand timers.

There are mods for XCOM 2 that remove nearly all of the timers in missions. I think you can change the advent timer with mods too.

Basically "mods'll fix it"

And really it's not even a thing that needs fixing. The timers are a non-issue 90% of the time, they just ensure you can't spend 50 turns creeping forward two squares -> Overwatch entire squad -> Creep forward 2 squares -> Overwatch entire squad, as people seemed to do for Enemy Unknown / Within.

And there's an option with the expansion to double the length of timers too, making them a complete non-issue as long as you actually play the game.

Exactly. The timers just force you to come up with actual strategies based on maps, your squad, and objectives rather than just mindlessly cheesing your way slowly through maps.
MSI Z97| Intel i5-4690 @ 3.5 Ghz | 8GB Cosair Vengence @ 1600 |Radeon R9 390 8GB
Who gave you permission to talk to me, mongrel?
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. XCOM 2 worth buying even without the expansion?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived