This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Before I migrate to the Master Race: Physical is pointless?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Before I migrate to the Master Race: Physical is pointless?

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
2 months ago#21
yohabroha posted...
how does that even remotely come close to answering my question

Fine they are more optimized on consoles since they only have to worry about one, maby two builds (thanks to PRO and X1X respectively). So the optimization should be better.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: kobalobasileus

kobalobasileus
2 months ago#22
Mushroom87 posted...
If you really need physical theirs som shady practices involving burnable media

Why would you do that though?

There is nothing "shady" about burning backups of your fully-updated games to optical for long-term storage. It's really the only way physical media makes sense in this modern world of massive day-one patches and constant smaller updates that render the code that comes on your retail disc instantly worthless.

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
2 months ago#23
Orestes417 posted...
The only reason to prefer physical on PC is if it happens to be cheaper or you just like boxes. 99 percent of games will be tied to an account.

Hell most games nowadays don't even include a disc inside the box, just a key to redeem on Steam or whatever
Put on a smile cause Jesus loves you

User Info: Mushroom87

Mushroom87
2 months ago#24
kobalobasileus posted...
Mushroom87 posted...
If you really need physical theirs som shady practices involving burnable media

Why would you do that though?

There is nothing "shady" about burning backups of your fully-updated games to optical for long-term storage. It's really the only way physical media makes sense in this modern world of massive day-one patches and constant smaller updates that render the code that comes on your retail disc instantly worthless.

i just worded it that way because im afraid of the mods here, im fully aware of whats legal and not legal.

User Info: Born Lucky

Born Lucky
2 months ago#25
I haven't bought a physical game for PC since I bought Risen, in 2009
Corsair 550D/ Gigabyte Z170X Gaming3 / Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2666 / i-5 6600k / MSI Twin Frozr VI GTX 1060 / Thermaltake NiC C5

User Info: NuclearHendrix

NuclearHendrix
2 months ago#26
There's still some physical PC games. Prey got a physical release. I bought it on Amazon on Black Friday, but only because it was cheaper than the sale price on Steam.
To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize - Voltaire

User Info: zxxcman

zxxcman
2 months ago#27
I'd give another vote for keeping the Switch.

And yeah, with exception of old games (many of which either got digital remasters/remakes/re-releases, and most are games you really wouldn't get unless you had a nostalgic factor), physical is basically buying a digital code with an optional DVD installation method (which might be great if you have slower internet connection).

Ideally, and if money and space are no concern, you'd want to get a PS4 for its exclusives as well, but ultimately, its up to you. Can't really see why any self respecting gamer would forbid themselves from playing good games for simple brand loyalty.

Speaking of brand loyalty, don't develop it for nVidia or AMD or Intel or anything when building or upgrading a PC. Just get whatever's best for your budget.
I used to have a good signature, then I got modded for it.
Now I shall try to think of something edgier to put here.

User Info: mucloud

mucloud
2 months ago#28
Master_Bass posted...
MarceloSampaio posted...
Question, just out of curiosity: why sell the Switch though?

Having a PC + a Nintendo console is not a bad thing, specially if you are still a fan of Nintendo games.

This. I'd keep the Switch since it'll actually have games that will never legally be playable on PC.

Yes do not sell the switch, if your on a road trip and you have an itch to play games, unless you know your not going to use it anymore then you can sell it and the stuff for a bundle and put that towards a top tier GPU like the 1080ti.
Corsair Carbide 540 White W10 64bit ASRock AB350 Pro4 AMD RYZEN 7 1700X 750Watt Thermaltake PSU Patriot Viper Elite 16GB RAM XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB

User Info: richisdisturbed

richisdisturbed
2 months ago#29
MarceloSampaio posted...
Fried posted...
Because a console is pointless once you go Master Race that's why I'm selling the Switch which is the only console I have.

Aren't you interested in a Xbone X, as you said on this topic?
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/76072539

And I'll assume you sold your recently bought PS 4 Pro already, right?
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/76072537

TC's full of s***. Nothing to see here.

I doubt he'll even return now.
Idiots voting for idiots.

User Info: ArkonBlade

ArkonBlade
2 months ago#30
pretty much.

Unlike consoles though DD works very well on PC and I am a person who thought when it comes to gaming i would never go all Digital.

Consoles i still go mainly physical.
YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ArkonBlade/videos
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow STEAM - ArkonBlade
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Before I migrate to the Master Race: Physical is pointless?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived