This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Activision is trying to match EA for worst company of 2017.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Activision is trying to match EA for worst company of 2017.

User Info: Concession

Concession
4 months ago#61
Activision Blizzard has always been worse than EA it's just people have an eternal hard on for anything Blizzard craps out and Activision does.

It's the company that designed an entire sequel around exploiting the loot bonanza in it's super popular predecessor for profit.
Laugh and grow fat

User Info: Voxwik

Voxwik
4 months ago#62
Microsoft did this with ReFS and got more defenders than complaints sadly. They are making a habit of removing features from the "Professional" version of Windows and re-selling them on subscriptions to the higher end ones. They are almost removing the "Small Business" status of the Professional tier entirely.

It's disgusting removing features and reselling them has become okay to people. The EverQuest developers have taken to severely crippling class abilities only to resell more class power the next expansion, as well. I used to call that pattern just complaining about balancing, but it's far too much of a pattern to ignore now.

User Info: gwizzler

gwizzler
4 months ago#63
vlado_e posted...
You mean the company named Activision Blizzard doesn't own Blizzard? Huh, funny they'd literally change their name to include that, if it weren't true.

Vivendi (Blizzard's former parent company) merged with Activision and although Blizzard were technically now a subsidiary of Activision, Vivendi had like 58% of the shares in the company. That went up to 64% I believe. I wasn't aware Vivendi sold almost all of their shares and had their people step down from the board.
"If the animals can find the strength, why can't we?" - Casey Foster

User Info: CourtofOwls

CourtofOwls
4 months ago#64
PhazonReborn posted...
Why do people keep giving Activision money?

i wonder what the last activision game i actually bought was...deadpool in 2013
seems easy to not give them money
[?]
"He must've been a very important chimp."

User Info: old_school227

old_school227
4 months ago#65
Dragon Nexus posted...
KillerTruffle posted...
But they didn't even know he was a minor when they filed the suit, so I can still kind of give them a pass. Just when you add "Epic sued a minor" with all this other stuff, it's making AAA companies look especially bad right now in general.

Yeah, but that's media spin for you. Let's ignore the fact the kid was doing something I can only assume he knew was wrong. Let's paint the corporation as the bad guy in every case =I

Thing is, regardless of whether he was a minor, it should have ended when they took his videos down. That kid contesting it is what lead to it. He doubled down on his activities, so at that point it's not a "Whoops, I didn't realise I did a bad thing. I'm sorry!", it's willful disregard for the rules of law.

I don't think theirs laws against cheating in an online video game, and if they're claiming copyright on the videos they have to claim copyright on all fortnight videos.
"I don't believe you" ~ Link 1998

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
4 months ago#66
old_school227 posted...
I don't think theirs laws against cheating in an online video game, and if they're claiming copyright on the videos they have to claim copyright on all fortnight videos.

There actually may be laws against cheating in online video games, depending on the specifics. The angle they were coming from was that his actions were causing them direct, tangible loss of revenue. He was not only cheating in ways that ruined the game for others and was making them quit, he was sharing how to do it on Youtube, and he challenged the DMCA takedown notice. The little teenage dick left them no choice but to file a lawsuit.

I hope his parents took away his computer immediately after they found out about all this... if he was my kid, he would have no electronics aside from something like this until he was at least 18.

https://i.imgur.com/GmRzlrs.jpg
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Activision is trying to match EA for worst company of 2017.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived