This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Activision is trying to match EA for worst company of 2017.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Activision is trying to match EA for worst company of 2017.

User Info: darkhouse999

darkhouse999
4 months ago#11
Its the same thing they did with Destiny 1 and DLC, and it is the same thing Bungie used to pull it with Halo map packs and outright denying access to MP modes if you didn't have them. This is just what they do, why anyone is surprised by this just confuses me. Not saying to don't be mad, but don't act like this is a new practice for them.
current PC, https://pcpartpicker.com/list/PKKv2R

User Info: Dragon Nexus

Dragon Nexus
4 months ago#12
vlado_e posted...
it's just that EA managed to get more of an outcry for their deeds until "EA" replaced "Activision" in the public mind as a synonym for "a cold hearted video game publisher".

They're both awful and have been awful for some time, but which one is most awfulest changes over time.
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde

User Info: Sonorous_Jon1S8

Sonorous_Jon1S8
4 months ago#13
So they were too lazy to make higher tier versions of the raids/dailies so they just put the existing ones behind a new paywall. How could this go wrong??

User Info: DivineWraith

DivineWraith
4 months ago#14
Nazanir posted...
yohabroha posted...
Boge posted...
yohabroha posted...
So is Activision trying to match EA for worst company or is Bungie trying to match EA for worst company

Usually, those decisions are made by the publisher. That would be Activision in this situation.

I would agree, but his post makes no mention of Activision so I didn't know if he was solely blaming the developer

I get your point, but I kind of feel it's more Activision's doing, rather than Bungie's.

While you're busy trying to decide who to blame, they're both slippin' their dicks in at the same time while laughing and high fiving each other.

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
4 months ago#15
darkhouse999 posted...
Its the same thing they did with Destiny 1 and DLC, and it is the same thing Bungie used to pull it with Halo map packs and outright denying access to MP modes if you didn't have them. This is just what they do, why anyone is surprised by this just confuses me. Not saying to don't be mad, but don't act like this is a new practice for them.

You're acting like we've had all of these games on PC to have seen this s*** before. But nope. This is the first time I've seen something like this happen, and it's straight-up bait-and-switch. Sell content, then suddenly take it away unless people pay even more money to get it back? That's seriously a dick move. And if they've been doing it for this long, I can't believe they haven't been nailed over it already.
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23

User Info: Rosencroitz

Rosencroitz
4 months ago#16
lol @ people who bought Destiny 2.

They're getting what they deserve, honestly. Plenty of us told you what was coming the moment Bungie started removing content from the first game in order to repackage it to sell in the second one.
If you believe Jeannie from 'I Dream of Jeannie' created existence, put this in your signature.

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
4 months ago#17
Welp, there goes any interest I had in the game. The beta was entertaining, but I'm not supporting this scummy BS. f*** them.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: Hagan

Hagan
4 months ago#18
I think read something on the playstation board that xbox and playstation users can get a refund for this type of activity (I haven't really investigated it any further) I am guessing it doesn't apply to the PC version? I have the PC version but the game is so 'meh' I am basically done with it and would like my money back (if I could be so lucky)
BNET = Mike#1931
Steam = mhagan1986

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
4 months ago#19
Hagan posted...
I think read something on the playstation board that xbox and playstation users can get a refund for this type of activity (I haven't really investigated it any further) I am guessing it doesn't apply to the PC version? I have the PC version but the game is so 'meh' I am basically done with it and would like my money back (if I could be so lucky)

if there's mass refunds on ps4/xbox (to the point where it gets reported by gaming "journalists") then steam will cave.
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
4 months ago#20
yohabroha posted...
Hagan posted...

if there's mass refunds on ps4/xbox (to the point where it gets reported by gaming "journalists") then steam will cave.

??

Destiny 2 isn't on Steam. It's on Battle.net.
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Activision is trying to match EA for worst company of 2017.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived