This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Homefront is free on the Humble Bundle Store for the next 48 hours

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Homefront is free on the Humble Bundle Store for the next 48 hours

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
7 months ago#21
Got it, what is it?
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

User Info: Hexenherz

Hexenherz
7 months ago#22
SinisterSlay posted...
Got it, what is it?

it's red dawn meets call of duty but it's north korea not russia
i dont like signatures

SinisterSlay
7 months ago#23
Hexenherz posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
Got it, what is it?

Sounds terrible lol
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

User Info: Born Lucky

Born Lucky
7 months ago#24
Wait a minute.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around pancake saying he'd rather wait for a sale , instead of getting it for free.
Corsair 550D/ Gigabyte Z170X Gaming3 / Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2666 / i-5 6600k / MSI Twin Frozr VI GTX 1060 / Thermaltake NiC C5

User Info: grand_commander

grand_commander
7 months ago#25
Born Lucky posted...
Wait a minute.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around pancake saying he'd rather wait for a sale , instead of getting it for free.

It's called "deadpan humor".

User Info: Marikhen

Marikhen
7 months ago#26
SinisterSlay posted...
Hexenherz posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
Got it, what is it?

Sounds terrible lol

If you mean the game, it's not terrible, but it's not necessarily a great or even good game. The premise, however, is probably just a bit silly given the current state of North Korea.
Logic is the antithesis of faith, else why is it that faith defies logic while logic denies faith?

User Info: Hexenherz

Hexenherz
7 months ago#27
Marikhen posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
Hexenherz posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
Got it, what is it?

Sounds terrible lol

If you mean the game, it's not terrible, but it's not necessarily a great or even good game. The premise, however, is probably just a bit silly given the current state of North Korea.

It's a bit silly given the fact that there's literally no country outside of Canada or Mexico that could even land forces in the US, let alone occupy the country :\ I appreciate that they at least tried to explain how NK got that far but it's still... really unbelievable. Otherwise it's a generic FPS, plays just like CoD.
i dont like signatures

User Info: Marikhen

Marikhen
7 months ago#28
Hexenherz posted...
It's a bit silly given the fact that there's literally no country outside of Canada or Mexico that could even land forces in the US, let alone occupy the country :\

Or countries that go through Canada or Mexico. Both countries strike me as rather porous. Canada has a better military and government and worse weather, but they also have almost 5x the land surface area to cover with roughly a third of the population and most US citizens are not particularly worried about looking towards Canada for threats. Mexico, on the other hand, would likely have trouble keeping a few troops of Boy Scouts out of Tijuana, despite it being a major metropolitan area and right on the border and especially if said Boy Scouts had just gotten their allowances.

That's not even getting into the destabilizing effects of well coordinated/funded/equipped "terror" attacks. Hell, just get a couple hundred crop dusters over the span of 5-6 years, load'em up with crop-killing chemicals, and devastate the US' ability to feed itself, and you can destabilize not only most of the country but the military as well. Hitting power and water plants before hitting the disaster relief crews and then moving on to the military bases depopulated by disaster relief and/or martial law efforts and things will get equally bad. That's not even getting into more political forms of sabotage such as instigating race riots in major US cities and using the turmoil to destroy key targets.

The premise of North Korea invading the US is silly in light of what we're seeing out of North Korea's current military capabilities, not because the US is utterly unassailable by military forces outside of the North American continent.

Hexenherz posted...
I appreciate that they at least tried to explain how NK got that far but it's still... really unbelievable.

Oh I agree definitely, but only in light of North Korea's current capacity. Without that minor detail the backstory would be much more plausible.

Well, except for the part about Mexico quarantining the US due to a bird flue epidemic. That is probably the least plausible part of the story since any global pandemic that hits the US hard enough for someone to consider quarantining the country would rip through Mexico's major population centers like a red hot chainsaw through room temperature butter, and even if it didn't, Mexico would face equal or worse problems securing their border against the US than the reverse due to an inferior military and government.

Canada would have been a better candidate for this as their military, government, healthcare system, and ability to close their border to the US are almost certainly a few orders of magnitude superior to Mexico's.
Logic is the antithesis of faith, else why is it that faith defies logic while logic denies faith?

SinisterSlay
7 months ago#29
Marikhen posted...
That's not even getting into the destabilizing effects of well coordinated/funded/equipped "terror" attacks. Hell, just get a couple hundred crop dusters over the span of 5-6 years, load'em up with crop-killing chemicals, and devastate the US' ability to feed itself, and you can destabilize not only most of the country but the military as well. Hitting power and water plants before hitting the disaster relief crews and then moving on to the military bases depopulated by disaster relief and/or martial law efforts and things will get equally bad. That's not even getting into more political forms of sabotage such as instigating race riots in major US cities and using the turmoil to destroy key targets.

In the case of Canada, most of the eastern US gets it's electricity from Canada. Canada just has to cut the line and half the US population is without power.
A simple blockade to block oil coming over the ocean, and the USA is sent back to the dark ages overnight.

User Info: Requiem

Requiem
7 months ago#30
Fortunately, US navy is several times stronger than the rest of the world's navies combined...

Anyways, apparently the game was originally supposed to feature China as the antagonist, but that idea got canned during the middle of the production because they wanted to be able to sell games (not just this but also other titles) in China.
Copyright free literature available at http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page... otherwise known as Tex-Mex
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Homefront is free on the Humble Bundle Store for the next 48 hours

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived