This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

dont know if pc problem, or tv problem

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. dont know if pc problem, or tv problem

User Info: MrSprings

MrSprings
4 months ago#11
Install.. new video drivers?
"Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist."- GC

User Info: Mushroom87

Mushroom87
4 months ago#12
tific posted...
It sounds like the aspect ratio needs calibrating or resetting (The black bar may be the border of the display )

Right mouse click on the desktop to access the nvidia display control panel..
Check the display , position & refresh rate settings.
Try uninstalling & re-installing the latest graphics card drivers.

Examine the tv display settings.Also consider connecting the onboard motherboard graphics output to your pc if available. ( To verify if the gt610 graphics card is at fault )

If the issue is unresolved post a screenshot.

reinstalling graphics card drivers as we speak. will post screens if it happens again.

Mushroom87
4 months ago#13
so the line came back, im assuming its a problem with my system and not the tv because i was able to take a prntscrn capture of it.

https://ibb.co/mGtY7w

User Info: Somato

Somato
4 months ago#14
Mushroom87 posted...
my card is an old pos that i only bought for dual screen setup a billion years ago

i think i see the problem
Never forget, it's not Blizzard. It's Activision Blizzard

Mushroom87
4 months ago#15
Somato posted...
Mushroom87 posted...
my card is an old pos that i only bought for dual screen setup a billion years ago

yeah ive come to the conclusion that its the gpu, now is the question though, do i want to build a whole new rig and go full out for 4k, or do i want to just replace the card.

i did accidently rip off a sata connector on the mobo, and i could use this build for a server. hmmmm

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
4 months ago#16
Mushroom87 posted...
Somato posted...
Mushroom87 posted...

yeah ive come to the conclusion that its the gpu, now is the question though, do i want to build a whole new rig and go full out for 4k, or do i want to just replace the card.

i did accidently rip off a sata connector on the mobo, and i could use this build for a server. hmmmm

Going 'full out' for 4K will entail a minimum $700 GPU purchase, not to mention new CPU , mobo etc. It won't be cheap.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: mucloud

mucloud
4 months ago#17
It might be dead pixels, hook your tv to the pc and the download a stuck pixel program it will turn a lot of colors and unstuck them.

Leave it on for a good 15min.

Turn off the TV and check the other connections if they so not do it on them your tv is the problem...ON That connection and your tv needs to be repaired.
Corsair Carbide 540 White W10 64bit ASRock AB350 Pro4 AMD RYZEN 7 1700X 750Watt Thermaltake PSU Patriot Viper Elite 16GB RAM XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB

User Info: tific

tific
4 months ago#18
Does your motherboard have onboard graphics & can your bios support multiple monitors? As many integrated cpu graphics are capable of replacing or outperforming a Geforce GT610.

You could consider using the integrated CPU graphics for one monitor and the faulty GPU for the least used monitor if your not doing anything too demanding as a temporary solution.

User Info: thegreatandrewm

thegreatandrewm
4 months ago#19
Just buy a cheap video card it will still be better then what you have :)
ok me make sig happy
i72600k 3.4ghz x12 ,12 GB DDR3 x60,sapphire 7970,1080 ti x20,1500w power supply x6.

Mushroom87
4 months ago#20
tific posted...
Does your motherboard have onboard graphics & can your bios support multiple monitors? As many integrated cpu graphics are capable of replacing or outperforming a Geforce GT610.

You could consider using the integrated CPU graphics for one monitor and the faulty GPU for the least used monitor if your not doing anything too demanding as a temporary solution.

I have a AMD FX-6300 Vishera 6-Core 3.5 GHz I should probably run my displays off of that instead lol.

The second monitor is really only used for rainmeter monitors, temp monitors and occasionally chrome when I'm using the PlayStation.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. dont know if pc problem, or tv problem

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived