This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

dont know if pc problem, or tv problem

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. dont know if pc problem, or tv problem

User Info: Mushroom87

Mushroom87
2 months ago#1
was running along playin skyrimvr(ps4) and when i got done playing and turned my ps4 off i noticed a black line on my tv when i switched it back to pc input.

the black lines were only 1/4 across the screen along the bottom, i turned my tv off then back on and the lines were still their, but when i moved my chrome window from the other screen onto the screen with the lines, the lines went away.

do you think this was a problem with my tv or my graphics card?(my card is an old pos that i only bought for dual screen setup a billion years ago)

User Info: Pelaaja82

Pelaaja82
2 months ago#2
Screen burn in.
Pc: i7 6700k/980 ti/16gb ram and Ps4.

User Info: MASKOAAA

MASKOAAA
2 months ago#3
Pelaaja82 posted...
Screen burn in.

burn in isn't normally black
D3 Armory Profile - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MASKOAA-1251/

Mushroom87
2 months ago#4
Pelaaja82 posted...
Screen burn in.

how could it be burn in though? theirs no static image on that part of the screen in skyrimvr.

and it didnt look like burn in, it was a really deep black with almost like a white outline around it, hard to describe.

they looked almost like somebody had taken my background in paint and drawn a black line a quarter of an inch thick a quarter of the way across my screen along the bottom.

User Info: Pengu1n

Pengu1n
2 months ago#5
You don't really get screen burn in these days and even so you would have to leave the image on the screen for an absolute age. Maybe its your video card like you said it is quite old.

User Info: NuclearHendrix

NuclearHendrix
2 months ago#6
Your T.V might have average/below average gray uniformity, and you just finally noticed it. Mine does, but I didn't noticed it right away.

What model is your T.V? Look up the review for it on rtings.com and find the gray uniformity rating.
To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize - Voltaire

Mushroom87
2 months ago#7
Pengu1n posted...
You don't really get screen burn in these days and even so you would have to leave the image on the screen for an absolute age. Maybe its your video card like you said it is quite old.

The video card is like 5 yrs old, and it was bargain bin back then, (gt610)

NuclearHendrix posted...
Your T.V might have average/below average gray uniformity, and you just finally noticed it. Mine does, but I didn't noticed it right away.

What model is your T.V? Look up the review for it on rtings.com and find the gray uniformity rating.

Samsung Mu7000.

I checked it on rtings. Com and the gray uniformity doesn't seem to be the problem.

If it happens again ill take a picture and post it here

Mushroom87
2 months ago#8
ok, its definately something with my computer, the black bar just showed up again, when i moved a window over the top of it, it dissapears, after a few minutes it comes back again.

i can move my mouse over it and still see my mouse so obviously someting is wonky in my computer system.

and the line is only their when on my pc input, when i switch to the ps4 or my nintendo switch its gone.

sorry about double posting, im abit nervous as this tv is my most expensive electronic device and ive only had it two months, i baby the thing.

User Info: MASKOAAA

MASKOAAA
2 months ago#9
Try a different hdmi cord if that doesn’t work try a different input on the TV
D3 Armory Profile - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MASKOAA-1251/

User Info: tific

tific
2 months ago#10
It sounds like the aspect ratio needs calibrating or resetting (The black bar may be the border of the display )

Right mouse click on the desktop to access the nvidia display control panel..
Check the display , position & refresh rate settings.
Try uninstalling & re-installing the latest graphics card drivers.

Examine the tv display settings.Also consider connecting the onboard motherboard graphics output to your pc if available. ( To verify if the gt610 graphics card is at fault )

If the issue is unresolved post a screenshot.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. dont know if pc problem, or tv problem

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived