This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anybody still playing Payday 2?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Anybody still playing Payday 2?

User Info: protools1983

protools1983
2 months ago#1
I just reinstalled it last night to check it out in VR and it was pretty damn fun. There are certainly some areas that need work but overall it's a fun experience. I'm looking for folks to play with, specifically the kind that won't blow a gasket when I am not following their every command as I learn the game again (in VR no less).
Glorious 4K PC Master Race
Gamefaqs PCH Discord channel: https://discord.gg/EmPEfdC

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
2 months ago#2
Can i be the wheelman and never fire a shot?
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

User Info: Terantatek

Terantatek
2 months ago#3
Remember when that game came out and all of 10 people played it? Least that's what I imagine. No one caring much about payday 2, and passing it up like gum on the sidewalk.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Xgsy6X
i7 7700k @ 4.6ghz | Asus ROG Strix 1080TI OC | Ripjaws 16GB 3000mhz | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus Swift PG278QR

User Info: loader963

loader963
2 months ago#4
Did they patch in vr or did they resell it?
I can be patient, but I'm not waiting!

User Info: DV8ingSources

DV8ingSources
2 months ago#5
loader963 posted...
Did they patch in vr or did they resell it?

Free Beta branch for owners. Unsure of how it will proceed but it does seem like it will be free.
4790k @ 4.6 | Asus Maximus VII Formula | H105 | 32GB RAM | 1080ti | 1TB of SSD | 6TB of HDD | Win 10 64bit | ax1200w | HTC Vive
Steam: DV8ing1

User Info: JoboHotep

JoboHotep
2 months ago#6
I nabbed it when it was free at some point, but damn that's a lot of DLC.

The game itself is also large enough that I don't know if I'll ever commit to downloading it and trying it out.

I liked getting it for free, but it's my understanding that people who bought the console version got shafted royally, with the devs abandoning it pretty rapidly.
i5 7600k / Hyper 212 / GIGABYTE GA-Z170M-D3H / 8GB 17000 DDR4 / Radeon R9 280x 3GB / SanDisk Z400s 240GB SSD / EVGA 600W ATX / Windows 10 Home 64 bit

User Info: Hexenherz

Hexenherz
2 months ago#7
The game itself was awesome on launch and they definitely did a better job caring for it than they did the first game, but yeah if you didn't play it constantly and buy the DLC it became pretty easy to fall out of loop with the meta :\
i dont like signatures

User Info: MasteroftheArts

MasteroftheArts
2 months ago#8
Hexenherz posted...
The game itself was awesome on launch and they definitely did a better job caring for it than they did the first game, but yeah if you didn't play it constantly and buy the DLC it became pretty easy to fall out of loop with the meta :\

This is a game that introduced a swat turret enemy, then a day later introduced a rocket launcher dlc that would essentially 1 shot it on overkill.

They're nearly as bad as EA with regard to microtransactions and trying to suck money out of the players.

That said, if you can get past that nonsense, Payday 2 is a really well made game that the developers keep f***ing with.
"I refuse to prove that I exist" says God. "For proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing..."

User Info: Rosencroitz

Rosencroitz
2 months ago#9
Payday 1 is the better game.
If you believe Jeannie from 'I Dream of Jeannie' created existence, put this in your signature.

User Info: Hexenherz

Hexenherz
2 months ago#10
Rosencroitz posted...
Payday 1 is the better game.

Ehh it didn't have anywhere near the amount of depth that Payday 2 has, and there was basically no post-release support with the exception of minor bug fixes.
i dont like signatures
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Anybody still playing Payday 2?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived