This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Elder scrolls online surpasses 10 mil!!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Elder scrolls online surpasses 10 mil!!

User Info: Marikhen

Marikhen
2 months ago#51
Hexenherz posted...
It feels more like a TES game to me than Skyrim does :\

The MMO-style stealth mechanics combined with the whole "play 99% of a character level with swords, swap to staff before leveling to gain staff levels/bonuses" thing just murdered a lot of the Elder Scrolls vibes for me.
Logic is the antithesis of faith, else why is it that faith defies logic while logic denies faith?

User Info: Hexenherz

Hexenherz
2 months ago#52
Marikhen posted...
Hexenherz posted...

The MMO-style stealth mechanics combined with the whole "play 99% of a character level with swords, swap to staff before leveling to gain staff levels/bonuses" thing just murdered a lot of the Elder Scrolls vibes for me.

Skyrim has an identical system. If you want to get to the higher levels you have to artificially level up s*** you'd never use. And you have to do that if you want to 100% the game.
i dont like signatures

User Info: Marikhen

Marikhen
2 months ago#53
Hexenherz posted...
Marikhen posted...
Hexenherz posted...

Skyrim has an identical system. If you want to get to the higher levels you have to artificially level up s*** you'd never use. And you have to do that if you want to 100% the game.

Skyrim does not have an identical system. With The Elder Scrolls Online, at least during launch, you could snipe mobs from afar with bows, equip a sword, turn in a quest, and level your sword skills even though you did all the combat with a bow. That's a significant difference from Skyrim's system where you cannot reasonable expect to level up the one-handed weapon skill by switching from a bow to a sword just as your character's about to gain a level.

I just don't see how they're identical when one system rewards you for actively using a weapon and doesn't consider character level mechanics at all while the other rewards you for what you're equipped with when your character gains a level.

I'll also point out that while what you say about having to "artificially level up s*** you'd never use" was true for Skyrim at launch it's no longer true given that you can just reset your skills back to 15 and re-level them ad infinitum.
Logic is the antithesis of faith, else why is it that faith defies logic while logic denies faith?
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Elder scrolls online surpasses 10 mil!!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived