This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Predict the future - GT 1030 edition

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Predict the future - GT 1030 edition

User Info: Setzera

Setzera
4 months ago#41
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Passmark is a bit s***. I ran it a few times on the same system and got a disparity of around 2000 points between GPU tests. Do you have anything running that caps framerates? Vsync enabled? Any display driver hooks?

I've heard it's not the best software, but I'm in a bit too deep to switch benchmark software now. lol

As for an FPS cap, I don't think I have anything on that would cap it's performance. I'll post my Nvidia settings tomorrow to get second opinions on that though.

zhenghan posted...
If gpu doesnt run at 99% it is a cpu bottleneck. If gpu is at 99% it is gpu bottleneck. If cpu and gpu are both at 99% at the same time then no bottleneck/both are bottlenecking.'

Today's tests definitely point to the GPU bottleneck in most of my games, but right now I'm thinking I'm losing performance due the PCIe v1.0 slot. It doesn't have the data bandwidth of newer PCIe 3.0.

Setzera
4 months ago#42
Well, the CPU I had ordered was apparently damaged, so the seller refunded me and didn't send it. However, that kind of works out as the GPU is already bottlenecked by itself/motherboard PCIe slot and having a stronger CPU won't change performance enough in most of the games I've tested (just Shogun 2 so far).

That said, unless something changes, then I believe the results posted before will be the last updates from me on this system. It's been a fun ride though!

It was interesting to see that just changing from 32 bit OS to 64 bit gave way more of an upgrade than going from 3GB RAM to 8GB.

My thanks to everyone who followed along for this experiment!

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
4 months ago#43
You can try overclocking the PCIE slot if you're sure that's it. I've done that on an old AM2+ board, and though it didn't improve raw gaming performance, it did improve performance of casting a game from my GPU to a display setup on a secondary GPU.
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud

Setzera
4 months ago#44
DarkZV2Beta posted...
You can try overclocking the PCIE slot if you're sure that's it. I've done that on an old AM2+ board, and though it didn't improve raw gaming performance, it did improve performance of casting a game from my GPU to a display setup on a secondary GPU.

I've never really been in to overclocking, but I appreciate the idea.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Predict the future - GT 1030 edition

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived