This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Microsoft keeps making Windows 10 feel like an Apple product.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Microsoft keeps making Windows 10 feel like an Apple product.

User Info: jjyiz28

jjyiz28
2 months ago#61
UnderwaterAir posted...
jake-sf posted...
God, I'm not touching Windows 10 for as long as I f***ing can. The ridiculous amount of things I'll have to find workarounds is insane and growing every day.

This sounds like something that would create a lot of ridiculous issues, too. What the hell is an app that the computer will think to reboot it? What will it ignore? There's tons of s*** that gets stuck in the background. Now I can't even count on a restart to refresh my computer?

What the f***.

Ryzen literally won't work on Windows 7.
You have to install Windows 7 on a non-Ryzen setup, install drivers to make it work with Ryzen, then move the boot drive from the non-Ryzen system to the Ryzen system.

So if you want to upgrade to Ryzen, probably not going to go Windows 7.

Even on the Intel side it's getting kind of difficult to do this as well.
Not to mention that Microsoft is ending Windows 7 support.

wrong.. do some more research

User Info: MasteroftheArts

MasteroftheArts
2 months ago#62
I like the feature. I usually have several programs up when I turn my computer off for the night and it allows me to get right back to work without opening 5 different windows

Also, don't really know about this feature making windows take longer to boot up. By the time I log in, everything's loaded up.
"I refuse to prove that I exist" says God. "For proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing..."

User Info: Sir_Haxor

Sir_Haxor
2 months ago#63
Still rocking 8.1 here. You can't even restart your PC properly anymore with that garbage W10 lol.

Orestes417 posted...
some of us are old school and never lost the habit for making absolutely sure our work was properly saved and shut down lest we find it corrupted next boot.

So then what's the point of this "feature"? You're calling out bad habits and defending something that promotes them at the same time.
Z97A | 4690k 4.6GHz | Hyper 212 Evo | EVGA GTX 1080ti | EVGA GS 650w | 16GB DDR3 | WDB 3TB |128GB SSD | Toshiba 500GB | Challenger S | Acer G257HU | LG 27UD68 |

User Info: Voxwik

Voxwik
2 months ago#64
ClunkerSlim posted...
Voxwik posted...
Man the egocentrism in this topic hurts my head. "I don't use many things at once so no one should!"

Literally no one has said that.

I concede and apologize that my message really is too strong about your reply and others. Some of the earlier ones were, but nothing enough to justify my comment. Some of the replies do however amount to "I don't have a lot of things open, so why do others?"

That said, I do think it makes zero sense to support arbitrary lack of user control.

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
2 months ago#65
Sir_Haxor posted...
So then what's the point of this "feature"? You're calling out bad habits and defending something that promotes them at the same time.

I'd assume the point of it is to provide hibernate like session resumption for people who can't or for whatever reason won't use hibernate. I'm not defending the feature though. Attacking sloth does not require defending anything.
When nothing remains everything becomes possible.

User Info: knightauthor

knightauthor
2 months ago#66
sarevokmb posted...
It takes more than a second, and adds an additional 20+ steps to the shutdown process.

Voxwik posted...
how do you need 20+ steps to turn your PC off? do you have 20 programs open or do you count each press of a button as a step(so Alt+F4 is two steps)?

If I have 15 programs open across multiple monitors it is downright ludicrous to pretend this nonsense makes any sense, if they don't offer a toggle.

why do you have 15 programs open? at most II'd have four or five and when I have five open, it's probably because I have a folder open.

User Info: blacklabelice

blacklabelice
2 months ago#67
JKatarn posted...
I find it weird that there are people that actually manually close every program before shut-down. Nobody I've ever known does this, or would need to - when you click "shut-down", Windows automatically closes all open programs for you, so why do it manually? Seems like a silly thing to defend. I can see Microsoft's rationale, what with picking up where you left off, but this is something you should have to opt into, it shouldn't be the default behavior.

of course nobody does this, but the w10 defense force is running wild in here
I cant afford a good vacation, so i'm just going to drink until i dont know where i am.

User Info: DXMG

DXMG
2 months ago#68
sarevokmb posted...
Why would I when shutting down closes everything anyway? Why take an unnecessary extra step?

cause if you dont then it all starts up with WIndows.

lolololool

User Info: Voxwik

Voxwik
2 months ago#69
knightauthor posted...

why do you have 15 programs open? at most II'd have four or five and when I have five open, it's probably because I have a folder open.

It depends on what I'm doing. Multiple desktops is actually one of the features I like in Windows 10.

User Info: zhenghan

zhenghan
2 months ago#70
I actually do manually close everything before I shut down because in my experience it is much faster/safer than counting on windows to automatically do it but I'm not exactly a regular user. Even still, I think Microsoft should offer the option because they'are not Apple and they don't get to dictate to their users what they should be doing...
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Microsoft keeps making Windows 10 feel like an Apple product.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived