This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Microsoft keeps making Windows 10 feel like an Apple product.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Microsoft keeps making Windows 10 feel like an Apple product.

User Info: sarevokmb

sarevokmb
4 months ago#1
The new "Creator's Update" makes your PC reopen any programs running when you shut your computer off, and Microsoft has said that they do not allow you to turn off this feature. This causes my PC to run extremely slowly on boot up. Before the update, it took seconds to boot into Windows and start working. Now I have to wait minutes for everything I was doing before to start up, and then manually close it all down again. It is especially worse if you had a web browser open with a bunch of tabs when you shut down, because you have to wait for all of that to boot up and start loading too.

Anyone else pissed at being treated like a moron with "features" like this shoved down their throats?

User Info: ClunkerSlim

ClunkerSlim
4 months ago#2
You don’t close your browser before shutting down? That’s kind of weird.
https://twitter.com/ClunkerSlim

sarevokmb
4 months ago#3
Why would I when shutting down closes everything anyway? Why take an unnecessary extra step?

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
4 months ago#4
Hmmm haven't updated yet but that would be irritating
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
4 months ago#5
sarevokmb posted...
Why would I when shutting down closes everything anyway? Why take an unnecessary extra step?

Because it takes all of a second and would eliminate your "problem" entirely
When nothing remains everything becomes possible.

User Info: Dorami

Dorami
4 months ago#6
sarevokmb posted...
The new "Creator's Update" makes your PC reopen any programs running when you shut your computer off, and Microsoft has said that they do not allow you to turn off this feature.

I'm pretty sure OSX allows you to turn off this feature.
"Systematically killing randomly generated lolis actually sounds okay, now that I think about it." - DesertWolfXII

User Info: YukitoRambo

YukitoRambo
4 months ago#7
Again, Microsoft is pushing annoying 'features' that we cant toggle on or off.

They do it because they can get away with it, and shills here will defend it.
"Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed" - Alexander Pope

User Info: monkmith

monkmith
4 months ago#8
didn't realize this was a thing since i always close everything before shutting down. common practice from years of lost data from improper shutdowns.
People die when they are killed.
Among horse, Red Hare. Among men, Lu Bu.

sarevokmb
4 months ago#9
Orestes417 posted...
sarevokmb posted...

Because it takes all of a second and would eliminate your "problem" entirely

It takes more than a second, and adds an additional 20+ steps to the shutdown process. I shouldn't have to manually shut down every single program that I have running on my computer before shutting it down when last month all I had to do was click one button.

User Info: ClunkerSlim

ClunkerSlim
4 months ago#10
monkmith posted...
didn't realize this was a thing since i always close everything before shutting down. common practice from years of lost data from improper shutdowns.

Yeah, really. I don’t think Microsoft is the problem here. You’ve got some poor computing habits bro.
https://twitter.com/ClunkerSlim
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Microsoft keeps making Windows 10 feel like an Apple product.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived