This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How to make PC gaming not a "boys club" and inclusive to women?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How to make PC gaming not a "boys club" and inclusive to women?

User Info: LazyyAmerican

LazyyAmerican
4 months ago#21
Nah...can't say I am lol. That's what the hub is for.
You've got ten minutes. There's policies even your section have to follow
I'll be sure to forward your message to the president.
The cranky hermit 4 months ago#22
Born Lucky posted...
Hillary Clinton says she supports sending jobs overseas, and loses the election - the media blames "teh russianz"

Alternative facts, from a poster who's whole MO is alternative facts.

Clinton talked a lot about creating domestic jobs, and was frank that it wouldn't be simple or easy. The media covered virtually none of that compared to Benghazi and emails. Literally every US intelligence agency agrees that "teh russianz" interfered in the election. Trump Jr. admitted to collusion. Multiple arrests have been made. Flynn is about to testify. You don't get to pretend that "teh russiansz" are a media-fabricated boogeyman.
http://thecrankyhermit.shoutwiki.com
Year-by-year analysis of the finest gaming has to offer, and (eventually) more!

User Info: celebar

celebar
4 months ago#23
The cranky hermit posted...
Born Lucky posted...
Hillary Clinton says she supports sending jobs overseas, and loses the election - the media blames "teh russianz"

Alternative facts, from a poster who's whole MO is alternative facts.

Clinton talked a lot about creating domestic jobs, and was frank that it wouldn't be simple or easy. The media covered virtually none of that compared to Benghazi and emails. Literally every US intelligence agency agrees that "teh russianz" interfered in the election. Trump Jr. admitted to collusion. Multiple arrests have been made. Flynn is about to testify. You don't get to pretend that "teh russiansz" are a media-fabricated boogeyman.

Please don't derail the thread with this s***.
thank you for reading my post
regards, celebar

User Info: celebar

celebar
4 months ago#24
LazyyAmerican posted...
Nah...can't say I am lol. That's what the hub is for.

I just want to know one woman on this board who is actually interested in PC gaming. Because when you go out in the real world and all you have to impress people is your PC then how are you supposed to start a family like that if they don't even care?
thank you for reading my post
regards, celebar
The cranky hermit 4 months ago#25
celebar posted...
Please don't derail the thread with this s***.

Calling out "alternative facts" is everyone's responsibility. Go yell at Born Lucky, not me.
http://thecrankyhermit.shoutwiki.com
Year-by-year analysis of the finest gaming has to offer, and (eventually) more!

User Info: bluezero

bluezero
4 months ago#26
Cobra1010 posted...
Most women just arent interested in gaming.

/topic
http://i.imgur.com/VleHYd3.png
http://steamsigmaker.de/std/_bluezero_.png

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
4 months ago#27
The majority of the young women i know play games, and about half are pc gamers. My hot young red head girlfriend plays gw2 with me.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

User Info: LazyyAmerican

LazyyAmerican
4 months ago#28
Pretty sure if all you have is your PC when "going out into the world" impressing women will be the least of your concerns.
You've got ten minutes. There's policies even your section have to follow
I'll be sure to forward your message to the president.

User Info: BaldursGate

BaldursGate
4 months ago#29
More women game than men... lol.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/sep/18/52-percent-people-playing-games-women-industry-doesnt-know

User Info: Gynthaeres

Gynthaeres
4 months ago#30
Edavy89 posted...
Why a celebar topic getting actual responses is a much better question.

Because this is an "SJW" question posted on a set of forums that are predominantly gamer right-wing and anti-SJW.

As such, people come out of the woodwork to deny any possibility of a problem, blaming either biology, or just claiming things are fine the way they are. The former is just kind of an ignorant answer -- there may be some biological differences, but they're hardly the primary reason; someone who claims this is ignoring the huge number of cultural and social influences.
And then the latter is... well, a matter of opinion more than anything. Personally I think more people playing games and consuming gaming media is good, but I can understand the people who think fewer is better, too.
The sole purpose of this space is to make my post look longer.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How to make PC gaming not a "boys club" and inclusive to women?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived