This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How to make PC gaming not a "boys club" and inclusive to women?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How to make PC gaming not a "boys club" and inclusive to women?

User Info: OptimusRekt

OptimusRekt
4 months ago#11
Yea, I don't see the problem. Women play very specific games, and platform doesn't really matter to them. Whatever is easiest for them to access it on.

"According to his study, women make up about 70% of match 3 and family/farm simulation games’ audiences. About half of casual puzzle and atmospheric exploration games are played by women, too. The gender ratio plummets when we get to first-person shooters, tactical shooters and racing games. At the bottom of the chart, a mere 2% of sports game-players are women."

So really, the problem isn't with women gaming. They just don't care much for high-action or blood and gore. Some women like MMORPGs and horror games too. I've had fun playing fighting games and Mario Kart/Burnout/Spyro with them, but they never seem interested in longer games or non-gameplay-up-front games. There are exceptions of course.

A weird correlation I find though is that if a game -only- has male characters, they won't play that game at all. They either need a woman or weird creature to play as like Pikachu or something.
"Too fast for freedom, sometimes it all falls down, these chains never leave me, I keep dragging them around..." - Delilah by Florence Welch

User Info: Cobra1010

Cobra1010
4 months ago#12
Most women just arent interested in gaming.

Fight for equality all you want but at the end of the day, the chemicals in our brain and body between men and women are different.
GG Riot - http://i.imgur.com/PinGPhR.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Hs8Y1vQ.png

User Info: Born Lucky

Born Lucky
4 months ago#13
Cobra1010 posted...

Fight for equality all you want but at the end of the day, the chemicals in our brain and body between men and women are different.

This x 10

Modern pop culture tries to put the blame for . .. whatever, on someone other than the people who actually engage in the behavior.

Antifa slices a cops face with a bottle and sets fire to an old man's car - the media blames conservatives who go to work every day and provide for their family.

Hillary Clinton says she supports sending jobs overseas, and loses the election - the media blames "teh russianz"

Women don't play video games - they blame the people who do play video games.

Women and men . . .. ARE DIFFERENT. They like different things, and they're good at different things - No matter what your pothead public school teacher tries to tell you.
Corsair 550D/ Gigabyte Z170X Gaming3 / Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2666 / i-5 6600k / MSI Twin Frozr VI GTX 1060 / Thermaltake NiC C5

User Info: MELENTIA

MELENTIA
4 months ago#14
When I got into gaming, nobody had to ask me to get into it, and with PC gaming I learned how to build a PC to game on because it was something I wanted to do. I suggest if women are interested in it that much, they can do the same. I got into it with a GeForce MX2, before Youtube even existed I believe, and the only guides I followed weren't video tutorials. So it's much easier today for everyone.

I think a big difference is men are far more confident when it comes to working with electronics. I think we just figure things out better in this realm, which is why it's male dominant. That being said my sister plays LOL and I built her a computer. She knew she wanted a PC, she just didn't know what parts to pick or how to put it together.

My girlfriend however really enjoys story driven games like Until Dawn on PS4, she also got Call Of Duty but only played it a handful of times. She plays a lot of simple games on her iPhone though... I asked her to play a few PC games with me but she doesn't partake...

User Info: Edavy89

Edavy89
4 months ago#15
Why a celebar topic getting actual responses is a much better question.

User Info: oblique365

oblique365
4 months ago#16
Amuseum posted...
KaizerLaw posted...
And what exactly is stopping any woman that wants to play PC games from doing it?
If there are less women that play PC games than men, it is probably because women tend to gravitate to other activities of their own free will.
No one is stopping women from playing PC games.

Free will is a huge problem we as society today must curb. Too much free will is why women are not engaging in such highly regarded activities like hardcore PC gaming and STEM fields.

Thus, we must reduce the amount of free will in women in western societies, and force them into specific activities regardless of their volition.

Pure genius

You may havMakoReizei posted...
Is there something inherently wrong with boy's clubs though

I don't see anyone complaining that activities dominated by women are "girl's clubs" and should be more inclusive

Your not allowed to say that. Its the same deal for like a white only club, that makes you a skinhead. but black only is acceptable.
i5 4590, Gigabyte B85M-DS3H-A mobo, 8gb ram, samsung 850 evo 250gb ssd, Wd blue 1tb Hdd, Evga 500w psu, Corsair carbide spec01 case, Msi gtx 1060 6gb

User Info: oblique365

oblique365
4 months ago#17
MELENTIA posted...
When I got into gaming, nobody had to ask me to get into it, and with PC gaming I learned how to build a PC to game on because it was something I wanted to do. I suggest if women are interested in it that much, they can do the same. I got into it with a GeForce MX2, before Youtube even existed I believe, and the only guides I followed weren't video tutorials. So it's much easier today for everyone.

I think a big difference is men are far more confident when it comes to working with electronics. I think we just figure things out better in this realm, which is why it's male dominant. That being said my sister plays LOL and I built her a computer. She knew she wanted a PC, she just didn't know what parts to pick or how to put it together.

My girlfriend however really enjoys story driven games like Until Dawn on PS4, she also got Call Of Duty but only played it a handful of times. She plays a lot of simple games on her iPhone though... I asked her to play a few PC games with me but she doesn't partake...

Yeah i notice most of the girls i meet play silly smartphone games. Lack of depth or something. One time i had one that liked to play n64 though that was a fun time.
i5 4590, Gigabyte B85M-DS3H-A mobo, 8gb ram, samsung 850 evo 250gb ssd, Wd blue 1tb Hdd, Evga 500w psu, Corsair carbide spec01 case, Msi gtx 1060 6gb

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
4 months ago#18
Cobra1010 posted...

And the ones that do play get sexually harassed.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: gwizzler

gwizzler
4 months ago#19
captsplatter_1 posted...
And the ones that do play get sexually harassed.

Bulls***. The worst thing I've seen/heard on Overwatch since launch is, "OMG, it's a grill."
"If the animals can find the strength, why can't we?" - Casey Foster

User Info: celebar

celebar
4 months ago#20
Are none of you bothered that we can't even tell who the women on this board are?
thank you for reading my post
regards, celebar
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How to make PC gaming not a "boys club" and inclusive to women?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived