This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Thoughts on Steelseries Arctis 7 headphones?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Thoughts on Steelseries Arctis 7 headphones?

User Info: Kevman510

Kevman510
5 months ago#11
I was looking at the Astros because they had decent reviews and big earcups, but idk, everybody (users) seemed to s*** on them for one reason or another, and the price was kinda high. Something also about not being able to use them with the PS4 without a mixamp?
Posted using GameFlux

User Info: Silvererazor

Silvererazor
5 months ago#12
Only for reference: "gaming"headsets/"gaming"headphones are the audioequivalent of a prebuild PC.
So basically $200 gameingheadsets sound like a pair of regular $50-headphones.

Kevman510
5 months ago#13
Yeah I just want something that'll jive well with PC and PS4 and also have a mic included, I ain't about the hassle of getting all the hardware and doin it all myself ya know
Posted using GameFlux

User Info: Bleu_Skie

Bleu_Skie
5 months ago#14
The newer astro a10s. You could use them on ps4 and pc just fine. I wasn't talking about the more expensive ones.

https://www.amazon.com/ASTRO-Gaming-A10-Headset-Blue-PlayStation/dp/B0711V7BV6/?th=1

I haven't used them personally, but they were my second choice before I bought the arctis 5.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/BleuSkie
It's important to know what the rules are first, so that, when you decide to break them, you can better judge the effect.

Kevman510
5 months ago#15
What about the A40s?

http://a.co/f8lTsCl

They're wired and seem to be pretty decent. Will these ones from Amazon work on both PC and PS4 out of the box? What's this about them requiring a mixamp? Is that just if you want to have Surround Sound?

Thanks

User Info: Bleu_Skie

Bleu_Skie
5 months ago#16
If it includes the splitter for PC, then yes. No idea about the surround.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/BleuSkie
It's important to know what the rules are first, so that, when you decide to break them, you can better judge the effect.

User Info: Samurai_Man

Samurai_Man
5 months ago#17
TC, I was stuck between getting those, the artic 5s, the logitech G633's and the Cloud IIs. I wen't with the Cloud IIs and love them.

They have a quality design and don't feel cheap or flimsy. The sound quality isn't audiophile quality but for gaming (I play CS:GO, PUBG, etc.) it works great, can hear footsteps and distant shots clearly and the digital 7.1 is that bad.
It's your friendly neighborhood Samurai Man.

Kevman510
5 months ago#18
Samurai_Man posted...
TC, I was stuck between getting those, the artic 5s, the logitech G633's and the Cloud IIs. I wen't with the Cloud IIs and love them.

They have a quality design and don't feel cheap or flimsy. The sound quality isn't audiophile quality but for gaming (I play CS:GO, PUBG, etc.) it works great, can hear footsteps and distant shots clearly and the digital 7.1 is that bad.

How about the earcup size / fit? Comfort is priority #1 and my dumbo ears won't be comfortable if any part of the cup touches my ears, only if it completely surrounds them...

User Info: Samurai_Man

Samurai_Man
5 months ago#19
Kevman510 posted...
Samurai_Man posted...

How about the earcup size / fit? Comfort is priority #1 and my dumbo ears won't be comfortable if any part of the cup touches my ears, only if it completely surrounds them...

I don't have HUGE ears, but they're pretty big and they fit just fine.

The Cloud IIs come with 2 style cups and they work/feel great, currently using the velvety-feeling lined ones.

I would wait till you can find them for less than $99 on amazon and go and price match at BB that's what I did.
It's your friendly neighborhood Samurai Man.

Kevman510
5 months ago#20
Ok the Cloud IIs are only $99 on Amazon right now so I'm thinking I'll probably just get those... I don't really care about wired vs wireless, and I wanted something in the $100 to $150 range that is going to be comfortable for big ears, and have just regular ass music and mic quality, so I think these pretty much fit that bill... Are the Cloud IIs better than the other Hyperx line products? Better than the Revolvers?
Posted using GameFlux
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Thoughts on Steelseries Arctis 7 headphones?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived