This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Thoughts on Steelseries Arctis 7 headphones?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Thoughts on Steelseries Arctis 7 headphones?

User Info: Kevman510

Kevman510
4 months ago#1
I want some nice new gaming headphones and these look to be pretty reliable and well-reviewed. I want the big ear cups that will surround my entire ear (closed back) and a decent mic. The surround sound stuff isn't that big of a deal to me. Do you guys think the Arctis 7s are worth it? I was looking at the HyperX Clouds but the earcups look considerably smaller and like they might pinch my ears after wearing them for a while. I have big ears. Thoughts? Thanks guys.
Posted using GameFlux

Kevman510
4 months ago#2
Anyone?

User Info: iemerg_

iemerg_
4 months ago#3
I mean you're paying a premium for Surround Sound so if that doesn't appeal to you I'd get the Hypers.
7700K@5.0 - 1080 - EVGA 750 - 16GB DDR4 - Z270 ASUS
H100v2 - Evolv ATX - 500GB SAMSUNG SSD - 1TB WD BLACK

User Info: xer2000

xer2000
4 months ago#4
All i know about are the Arctis 5's and I absolutely hate them, the drivers are garbage and interfered with my other USB devices.
Maybe just my bad luck with them, but I avoid steel series like a plague now.
i5-3570K @ 4.4Ghz, Gigabyte Z77X, 32 GB RAM, MSI GTX 980

User Info: MASKOAAA

MASKOAAA
4 months ago#5
I have the Arctis 7 b/c I wanted wireless headphones...all 7.1 headphones are crap turn it off do not use it just use Stereo makes everything sound much better. To bad you didn't pick them up on black friday they were on sale for 99 dollars. Love them though I'm over wires on certain things headphones and controllers being 2 of them.

Also i wear these with glasses no problems or discomfort.
D3 Armory Profile - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MASKOAA-1251/

User Info: Somato

Somato
4 months ago#6
Arctis 7s are the wireless ones right? Wireless for gaming? lol no

Get a cheaper pair of wired headphones. If you like the style, Arctis 5s are pretty good i hear.
Never forget, it's not Blizzard. It's Activision Blizzard

User Info: Massaca

Massaca
4 months ago#7
My Arcits 5's are ok I guess. Took a fair bit of screwing around with the program and equaliser bar things to get them any good for games and they're muffled garbage without doing so making them terrible my consoles and iPad cause I can't adjust them.

Pretty sure the 7's are the same as the 5's but just wireless.

Iunno, maybe mine were just s*** and I should have got them replaced cause googling I found some more people with he same issues amongst all the people saying they're great.
Ready to die? A Compulsory Happiness Dictatorship. ''Alrighty~ Come on everyone, you should only be full of happiness!''
Uh, Gardevoir? http://imgur.com/bANy38Z

User Info: Somato

Somato
4 months ago#8
Ok maybe not Arctis then lol

I've heard great things about the Hyper X headsets.Go try a pair on somewhere, see if they fit your Dumbo ears
Never forget, it's not Blizzard. It's Activision Blizzard

Kevman510
4 months ago#9
Yeah I would say the main thing is getting a comfortable pair of headphones to fit these big dumb ears. I don't really care if they're wireless or wired, but I do want the sound quality to be good, otherwise it's pointless. I'm gonna be using them on my PC and PS4 almost exclusively. My old pair is those $30-$40 blue logitechs that have the big ear cups that you see at Best Buy all the time... Anything with good sound that size?
Posted using GameFlux

User Info: Bleu_Skie

Bleu_Skie
4 months ago#10
Well, the arctis headset definitely isn't tight on my head or ears. Sounds fine. Sounds better with some adjusting, tho it is sad that the windows built in 7.1 is better than whatever the headset uses. I have tiny little girl ears tho so ymmv.

Have you considered the newer and cheaper astros? Seems like a good compromise between features. You lose the light on the arctis mic when muted, which is the best feature imo
http://steamcommunity.com/id/BleuSkie
It's important to know what the rules are first, so that, when you decide to break them, you can better judge the effect.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Thoughts on Steelseries Arctis 7 headphones?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived