This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PC vs PS4.. I need someone who can answer me accurately please

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. PC vs PS4.. I need someone who can answer me accurately please

User Info: coldshadowater

coldshadowater
3 months ago#1
I will an give an example..

Bioshock Infinite on PS4

Bioshock Infinite on PC (set to 1080p on max settings)

Both hook up to the same 32" HDTV via hdmi

Will there be a difference on graphics

*notice I said 1080p settings only for the pc version

Now.. Will the difference be very obvious?
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. - Miles Kington

User Info: wantfastcars

wantfastcars
3 months ago#2
Yes, there will be a difference. However, the biggest difference won't be in raw graphical fidelity - sure, the PC version will look a bit sharper because it's higher resolution and has more detailed models and shadows, better lighting effects, and much higher resolution textures, but the biggest difference is going to be frame rate, and that will be extremely obvious. PS4 runs the vast majority of it's games at roughly 30FPS. Most titles on PC run at at least 60FPS. More so than any still image, motion will be twice as clear on the PC version due to the higher frame rate.
Now Playing: Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2
Now, let's count up your sins!

User Info: fallen_acolyte

fallen_acolyte
3 months ago#3
*Eye roll
()___(_______()~~
PSN: Fallen_Acolyte XBL: Fallen Acolyte

coldshadowater
3 months ago#4
Ok... So the major difference will be mostly on fps then

But visually.. Would it be hard to tell the difference?
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. - Miles Kington

wantfastcars
3 months ago#5
ITT: frame rate is not "visual"

wantfastcars posted...
the PC version will look a bit sharper because it's higher resolution and has more detailed models and shadows, better lighting effects, and much higher resolution textures

coldshadowater
3 months ago#6
wantfastcars posted...
wantfastcars posted...
the PC version will look a bit sharper because it's higher resolution and has more detailed models and shadows, better lighting effects, and much higher resolution textures

Got it!

User Info: jjyiz28

jjyiz28
3 months ago#7
probably not.. just don't sit arms length away from the HDTV like you would a PC monitor. the HDTV doesn't have the pixel density and thats why you're supposed to sit further away from the TV.

User Info: theswatleader

theswatleader
3 months ago#8
wantfastcars posted...
Yes, there will be a difference. However, the biggest difference won't be in raw graphical fidelity - sure, the PC version will look a bit sharper because it's higher resolution and has more detailed models and shadows, better lighting effects, and much higher resolution textures, but the biggest difference is going to be frame rate, and that will be extremely obvious. PS4 runs the vast majority of it's games at roughly 30FPS. Most titles on PC run at at least 60FPS. More so than any still image, motion will be twice as clear on the PC version due to the higher frame rate.

Well, you can pretty much get any title to run at more than 60 fps tbh. I run most of my games at 80 plus. Also. Thats assuming you have the hardware to run it also.

wantfastcars
3 months ago#9
theswatleader posted...
Well, you can pretty much get any title to run at more than 60 fps tbh. I run most of my games at 80 plus. Also. Thats assuming you have the hardware to run it also.

wantfastcars posted...
Most titles on PC run at at least 60FPS.

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
3 months ago#10
wantfastcars posted...
theswatleader posted...

wantfastcars posted...
Most titles on PC run at at least 60FPS.

Only ones that won't are something like those ROME Empire type games with a s*** ton of objects on screen at once. No way you running 60fps.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. PC vs PS4.. I need someone who can answer me accurately please

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived