This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Borderlands 2 GOTY

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Borderlands 2 GOTY

User Info: Bleu_Skie

Bleu_Skie
5 months ago#21
Dragon Nexus posted...
I tried playing Borderlands 2 again recently and I think I've played way too much Overwatch because hoo boy was the gunplay boring in BL2.

OW is just a faster game overall. A true fps game. BL is much more of an rpg that happens to be a fps.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/BleuSkie
It's important to know what the rules are first, so that, when you decide to break them, you can better judge the effect.

User Info: Massaca

Massaca
5 months ago#22
Yeah, I've been getting that feeling playing Nioh again. Just something about the way gear/loot works in it. Loot was always interesting in BL2 at least.

As far as the DLC goes, Torgue and Tina's were fantastic IMO. Hammerlock's was alright and I never finished the pirate one (only tried it once with my brother and just got sleepy playing it).

Here's the full log for 3.1 https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bva2028ban8u1hs/AAAwiSZmV3a7dn6yFdzuZkwoa?dl=0&preview=BL2+Community+Patch+3.1+Full+Changelog.txt
And there are some vids explaining/giving reasoning for the changes (like making stuff actually decent).
The install is super easy with Filter Tool and everything is customisable. And easy to add new edits with it. Like for example I've got this set:
set GD_Globals.General.Globals MinutesBetweenShopResets 5.00
I also disabled the Cobra skin, I'm a fan of the pink Tina skin >.> And a mod to make the Golden Chest function off Eridium instead of keys.

Also some neat mods for vendors (so they're actually worth checking lol) and making the one-way fast-travels two way.
Ready to die? A Compulsory Happiness Dictatorship. ''Alrighty~ Come on everyone, you should only be full of happiness!''
Uh, Gardevoir? http://imgur.com/bANy38Z

User Info: Heisenberg312

Heisenberg312
5 months ago#23
I played the crap out of borderlands 2, except the progression treadmill was so blatantly obvious that it always threw me into a fit of melancholy. The whole game is basically watching the numbers go up. Games that hid this treadmill are far more enjoyable, in my opinion.
Now, say my name.

User Info: thatfool12Gs

thatfool12Gs
5 months ago#24
BL1>

User Info: Dragon Nexus

Dragon Nexus
5 months ago#25
Bleu_Skie posted...
BL is much more of an rpg that happens to be a fps.

Fair enough, but still the lack of abilities really makes the game feel slow.

I don't recall playing many RPGs where the protagonist only had one special move the whole game
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde

User Info: DuneMan

DuneMan
5 months ago#26
If you like arcade style shooters with loot mechanics thrown in you won't find a better value for the money. It's a little slow when you start out, but push through until you reach Sanctuary and access the more vibrant and faster paced maps.
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao

User Info: thelocalhentai

thelocalhentai
4 months ago#27
Dragon Nexus posted...
Bleu_Skie posted...
BL is much more of an rpg that happens to be a fps.

Fair enough, but still the lack of abilities really makes the game feel slow.

I don't recall playing many RPGs where the protagonist only had one special move the whole game
Because it's not about the abilities, a lot of the passive in the skill trees completely shape how each characters' playstyle. More active skills would make balancing all six classes a nightmare.

User Info: Hexenherz

Hexenherz
4 months ago#28
tbf, they did a good job in the first game making everyone feel more unique. The characters didn't really feel all that special in 2 and TPs.
i dont like signatures

User Info: thelocalhentai

thelocalhentai
4 months ago#29
It's to fill the roles while trying to change the hybrid classes the first game had. For example, Zero got mordecai's sniper/crit centric and brick's melee-centric trees, while still fulfilling some of his own class trait stuff (like blade and kunai). Brick with Brick's explosives and Roland's Infantry. While I understand, that they didn't bring anything really new to the table, even with Gaige and Krieg, it's because the first game covered tons of ground and that's not really a fault.

User Info: Hexenherz

Hexenherz
4 months ago#30
Yeah but the hybridization kind of ruined it imo, you wind up with mutt characters >_>. That was my experience. I do like your explanation though.
i dont like signatures
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Borderlands 2 GOTY

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived