This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Would your computer need fans if you live in this place?

User Info: Rosencroitz

Rosencroitz
1 year ago#11
BearShrooms posted...
There are few things where the phrase, "when life gives you lemons make lemonade" is as accurate as it is with snow.

Snowmobiling, snowboarding, skiing, snow-tubing, sledding, building snowmen/forts, ice skating, ice surfing, ice climbing, cross-country skiing, and snow-shoeing are all fun activities that can make snow a lot more fun. I love snow.

Of course you have to be OK with getting off of your computer and being mildly physically active to participate in some of those.

As someone who is extremely active and in very good shape: f*** snow, and f*** all of those activities.
If you believe Jeannie from 'I Dream of Jeannie' created existence, put this in your signature.

User Info: learjet777

learjet777
1 year ago#12
MarceloSampaio posted...
*Sigh*

I've never even felt snow in my entire life.

Here where I live, it feels like summer all year. Heck, at this exact moment, I'm looking at 35ºC inside the house. With all the windows open.

You'd love it if you were on vacation, but year in year out its NOT fun.

Snow is freakin awesome, but unfortunately cold accompanies it.

User Info: BearShrooms

BearShrooms
1 year ago#13
Rosencroitz posted...
BearShrooms posted...
There are few things where the phrase, "when life gives you lemons make lemonade" is as accurate as it is with snow.

Snowmobiling, snowboarding, skiing, snow-tubing, sledding, building snowmen/forts, ice skating, ice surfing, ice climbing, cross-country skiing, and snow-shoeing are all fun activities that can make snow a lot more fun. I love snow.

Of course you have to be OK with getting off of your computer and being mildly physically active to participate in some of those.

As someone who is extremely active and in very good shape: f*** snow, and f*** all of those activities.

Out of curiosity, why?

User Info: Cobra1010

Cobra1010
1 year ago#14
MarceloSampaio posted...
*Sigh*

Here where I live, it feels like summer all year. Heck, at this exact moment, I'm looking at 35ºC inside the house. With all the windows open.

You live in mayasia or something?
GG Riot - http://i.imgur.com/PinGPhR.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Hs8Y1vQ.png

BearShrooms
1 year ago#15
learjet777 posted...
MarceloSampaio posted...
*Sigh*

I can buy decent apparel that keeps myself warm for a pretty affordable rate. I can't peel my skin off when it's been 95 degrees for four months straight.

User Info: Rosencroitz

Rosencroitz
1 year ago#16
BearShrooms posted...
Out of curiosity, why?

For multiple reasons, but primarily because:

1: If you're getting snow, you're getting ice, and nobody knows how to drive when there's goddamn ice around.
2: Cold weather is awful. Unless you live in a handful of very specific places, you're stuck with it in order to do those activities. There's no "Oh, I'll go enjoy these for a couple of hours and then go back to where it isn't hellish." No, you're stuck with that s*** for what is typically months.
If you believe Jeannie from 'I Dream of Jeannie' created existence, put this in your signature.

BearShrooms
1 year ago#17
Rosencroitz posted...
BearShrooms posted...
Out of curiosity, why?

For multiple reasons, but primarily because:

1: If you're getting snow, you're getting ice, and nobody knows how to drive when there's goddamn ice around.
2: Cold weather is awful. Unless you live in a handful of very specific places, you're stuck with it in order to do those activities. There's no "Oh, I'll go enjoy these for a couple of hours and then go back to where it isn't hellish." No, you're stuck with that s*** for what is typically months.

Fair enough. I want to respond, not to discredit, just to voice my own viewpoints.

1) Sure, there are more accidents in the snow/ice. Largely, though, in places where it snows people drive better in it than places where it snows less "duh". Having grown up in Michigan and having driven in it a ton as an adult I can say that it doesn't bother me. Driving on snow and ice is easy, slow the f*** down, it's really that simple.

2) Cold weather can be sucky, but if you wear the appropriate apparel it really isn't an issue like at all. I can see how having to spend an extra few minutes a day to put on an under layer, gloves, a hat, and a jacket could be tedious though, I guess. I don't see this as any different than it being 95 degrees for 4-6 months a year other than that once you're naked you're as cool as you're going to get, and it's still hot as f***.

It's all about taste though.

User Info: Cobra1010

Cobra1010
1 year ago#18
I live in UK so the coolest we get is only around -3 to maybe -6 celcius.

I would like to experience how those people who live in northern or eastern europe whose running noses freeze up immediately and have to have fire buckets in the streets to not get hypothermia. I'd like to experience that once to get what it feels like.
GG Riot - http://i.imgur.com/PinGPhR.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Hs8Y1vQ.png

BearShrooms
1 year ago#19
Cobra1010 posted...
I live in UK so the coolest we get is only around -3 to maybe -6 celcius.

I would like to experience how those people who live in northern or eastern europe whose running noses freeze up immediately and have to have fire buckets in the streets to not get hypothermia. I'd like to experience that once to get what it feels like.

It stings. But it's really just a byproduct of poverty. Buying decent winter apparel bypasses all of those problems.

User Info: learjet777

learjet777
1 year ago#20
BearShrooms posted...
learjet777 posted...
MarceloSampaio posted...
*Sigh*

I can buy decent apparel that keeps myself warm for a pretty affordable rate. I can't peel my skin off when it's been 95 degrees for four months straight.

You can go in AC most of the time.

Even at -5 you cant wear gloves for more than 5 minutes without your hands severly hurting.
At -40 you better be covered up and hope you don't have to scrape ice of your car.

I guess both aren't the best, i'd like 25 the whole year!!
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Would your computer need fans if you live in this place?
  • Topic Archived