This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Bye, Bye Net Neutrality!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Bye, Bye Net Neutrality!

User Info: PhazonReborn

PhazonReborn
5 months ago#431
WalkingPlague posted...
I don't see any of this happening. If you aren't happy with Comcast-- you have two options. 1) Don't support companies that voted against net neutrality. 2) Stay offline.

Like people actually have a choice in ISPs lmao

Staying offline in 2017 is equivalent to living in the dark ages. The internet is like a f***ing necessary utility
The Phazon you know and trust since 2004

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
5 months ago#432
WalkingPlague posted...
I don't see any of this happening. If you aren't happy with Comcast-- you have two options. 1) Don't support companies that voted against net neutrality.

Can you name an ISP that *didn't* oppose net neutrality?

WalkingPlague posted...
2) Stay offline.

Because that is a totally feasible option in a day and age where nearly everything is managed online.
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23

User Info: Nixemo

Nixemo
5 months ago#433
PhazonReborn posted...
WalkingPlague posted...
I don't see any of this happening. If you aren't happy with Comcast-- you have two options. 1) Don't support companies that voted against net neutrality. 2) Stay offline.

Staying offline in 2017 is equivalent to living in the dark ages. The internet is like a f***ing necessary utility

Really? Seems a bit hyperbolic. Life offline is much better than online, especially with how cancerous the net has become in the last decade. If the internet is a necessary utility to you, that's kind of your fault...
"Staying in the same place, just staying out the time,
touching from a distance, further all the time."

User Info: SilentHawk29

SilentHawk29
5 months ago#434
Nixemo posted...
Really? Seems a bit hyperbolic. Life offline is much better than online, especially with how cancerous the net has become in the last decade. If the internet is a necessary utility to you, that's kind of your fault...

If you don't flip burgers for a living at a mom and pop restaurant, chances are the internet is a critical backbone to any company.

The internet is a utility whether you see it or not.
Steam - SilentHawk29 || Z170-A, G1 GTX 1080, i5 6600K, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4
My car (on fire): http://i.imgur.com/ZoeZJ1b.jpg

KillerTruffle
5 months ago#435
Nixemo posted...
If the internet is a necessary utility to you, that's kind of your fault...

For me, job... fire/medical emergency notification... contact with family/extended family... There are things that are effectively impossible to find or purchase without internet - some places only sell online. Coordinating family/group get-togethers would take *ages* without internet - a couple emails CCed to everyone at once vs. a huge chain of phone calls that could take days, and depend on both ends being immediately available to talk rather than responding when they're able. TONS of things that are a natural part of modern society rely on internet access these days.

As I said elsewhere, you can live without electricity too, and some people do, but it makes a whole lot of things a whole lot harder. Same with internet these days.

KillerTruffle
5 months ago#436
SilentHawk29 posted...
The internet is a utility whether you see it or not.

I'm sure he sees it... just won't admit it.

EDIT: Bloody hell - just realized he's pushing the same bulls*** in both active topics right now.

"I don't need it, so I don't know why you do..."

User Info: wentzelot

wentzelot
5 months ago#437
Nixemo posted...
PhazonReborn posted...
WalkingPlague posted...

Really? Seems a bit hyperbolic.

why are you talking about oxygen therapy please stay on topic

User Info: Player_10

Player_10
5 months ago#438
DeathScythe3100 posted...
yep.... https://i.imgur.com/htSSjgG.jpg

You all are losing it!

https://i.imgur.com/tfyjpkJ.gif
Would you like to hear a tale, of a little girl name Kale?
She always wondered, whatever happened to Her tail?! *o*

User Info: ufara

ufara
5 months ago#439
wentzelot posted...
Nixemo posted...
PhazonReborn posted...
WalkingPlague posted...

Really? Seems a bit hyperbolic.

why are you talking about oxygen therapy please stay on topic

*bu dum tish*
An opinion doesn't mean much if you don't try to back it up.
If it looks like I'm s*** posting, I'm probably s*** posting.

User Info: Born Lucky

Born Lucky
5 months ago#440
KillerTruffle posted...
I'm just waiting for the moment I can't stream even 120p videos without buffering 10 seconds for every 2 like the good ol' days. Only way I could fix that prior to 2015 was to get a VPN. Enable VPN: 1080p60 pre-cached entire Youtube videos in seconds, zero buffering pauses, perfect playback. Disable VPN: literally could not stream 120p Youtube videos without buffering for 10 seconds, playing 2 seconds, buffer again for 10, play for 2, etc.

I wonder what changed in 2015 that made Comcast stop f***ing up my Youtube?

You're full of crap .

The regulations in that bill did NOTHING to make youtube better or force your isp to give "faster youtube"..

This is what I''m talking about - people who have no clue , just making up ****.
Corsair 550D/ Gigabyte Z170X Gaming3 / Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2666 / i-5 6600k / MSI Twin Frozr VI GTX 1060 / Thermaltake NiC C5
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Bye, Bye Net Neutrality!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived