This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So my sister wants to get my niece a computer for X-Mas.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. So my sister wants to get my niece a computer for X-Mas.

User Info: BaldursGate

BaldursGate
6 months ago#11
ClunkerSlim posted...
BaldursGate posted...
Children are so spoiled nowadays, I remember back in 97 my mom came home from work with an Atari 2600 and Star Wars for my 31st birthday. It was the happiest day of my life and it was my most fond memory as a kid.

Do you really need to troll a help thread?

Did you just mock my fondest memory?

User Info: ATARIJAWA

ATARIJAWA
6 months ago#12
BaldursGate posted...
ClunkerSlim posted...
BaldursGate posted...
Children are so spoiled nowadays, I remember back in 97 my mom came home from work with an Atari 2600 and Star Wars for my 31st birthday. It was the happiest day of my life and it was my most fond memory as a kid.

Probably, considering the 2600 was 20 years old at that point. Even 87 would be weird as it wasn't really still being sold then. Also, weird you considered yourself a kid at age 31.
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 127

User Info: Boge

Boge
6 months ago#13
BaldursGate posted...

I agree with you. I got some...hell, I don't even remember getting anything significant, probably a few GI Joe guys. They were $3 each back then. My parents haven't given me any actual gifts for my birthday in years, just $20, not since I was probably 10 or younger. That number hasn't increased either.

Christmas was another story, although I never got a computer, I did get a decent sized TV one year and a stereo the next. I felt incredibly spoiled those years and never asked for anything since. They used to tell us we could ask for up to $200 worth of goods. They'd usually go over that by probably another $100. $300 for Christmas was a dang lot I thought, and still think. I don't know what kids get these days on average. Yeah, I felt really really spoiled growing up.
With deeper knowledge and experience, everything becomes more shallow.

User Info: ClunkerSlim

ClunkerSlim
6 months ago#14
ATARIJAWA posted...
Even 87 would be weird as it wasn't really still being sold then.

Actually... my brother did get an Atari 2600 around '87 to '89. It was an Atari Jr which was just an Atari 2600 in a new case.
https://twitter.com/ClunkerSlim

User Info: Samurai_Man

Samurai_Man
6 months ago#15
GoldenSun3DS posted...
ClunkerSlim posted...
TheEvilOmega posted...
She wants a cheap desktop that will allow her to play that Roblox garbage, and she seemed to want to get it from Best Buy if possible (discount or coupon or something, I dunno), so I was hoping you all could give me some suggestions to help out with this.

Thanks for your assistance.

How old is your niece? If we’re talking under 10 then I’d suggest the cheapest desktop that's available on Black Friday.

Don't do that. I wouldn't want that on anyone. The cheapest computer could be some junk that can't even run a web browser.

Don't comment on PC building threads Mr. I'm specifically building my rig to bottleneck itself
It's your friendly neighborhood Samurai Man.

User Info: DivineWraith

DivineWraith
6 months ago#16
BaldursGate posted...
ClunkerSlim posted...
BaldursGate posted...

Why is your fondest childhood memory of when you turned 31?

User Info: GoldenSun3DS

GoldenSun3DS
6 months ago#17
DivineWraith posted...
BaldursGate posted...
ClunkerSlim posted...
BaldursGate posted...

Why is your fondest childhood memory of when you turned 31?

Maybe he was in coma for 25 years, but his brain didn't develop while he was in a coma.
GPD Win PC handheld: Intel Atom X7 Z8700 @2.4GHz, 4GB DDR3 RAM, 64GB storage, 6700mAh battery, 1280x720 resolution
"Why? Because of... DESTINY? PAH ha ha

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
6 months ago#18
ATARIJAWA posted...
Roblox is a browser game. It will run on literally anything including a cheap tablet or netbook.

https://youtu.be/f49ELvryhao
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: Boge

Boge
6 months ago#19
GoldenSun3DS posted...
Maybe he was in coma for 25 years, but his brain didn't develop while he was in a coma.

Ha ha ha! That's funny!
With deeper knowledge and experience, everything becomes more shallow.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. So my sister wants to get my niece a computer for X-Mas.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived