This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which studio is currently the best maker of western RPGs?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Which studio is currently the best maker of western RPGs?

User Info: TheNemesis

TheNemesis
3 months ago#21
Larian has made one good RPG. Ain’t nobody even play the first Divinty.
PC: AMD FX-9590, 16 GB RAM, EVGA GTX 970

User Info: vlado_e

vlado_e
3 months ago#22
TheNemesis posted...
Larian has made one good RPG. Ain’t nobody even play the first Divinty.

When you say "first", do you mean Divine Divinity or Divinity: Original Sin?
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.

User Info: thelocalhentai

thelocalhentai
3 months ago#23
While I love Wasteland 2 (huge og fallout throwback), inxile's games currently feel very unpolished. Technically also has one released game in the last few years (Torment:tides).

Obsidian has Pillars and Tyranny but they also have the same-ish problem as inxile.

Larian has been making some pretty average games for awhile now (Dragon Commander is f***ing awesome though) but has finally gotten the formula right with Original Sin, especially the second one.

Since witcher 2, CDP's work has been pretty well made but it's just witcher and cyberpunk is still nowhere in sight.

Voting for Larian but I might be biased because they let me be an A10 dragon king that crowned a dead chick for a queen.

User Info: johnny_pay

johnny_pay
3 months ago#24
It's sad to see cdpr winning this poll as others have made incredible RPGs that knock Witcher 3 out the park.

User Info: BearShrooms

BearShrooms
3 months ago#25
johnny_pay posted...
It's sad to see cdpr winning this poll as others have made incredible RPGs that knock Witcher 3 out the park.

I'm not even sure I classify the witcher 3 as an RPG. It's not much different than the batman arkham games other than that you get to make a few choices.

User Info: SlashmanSG

SlashmanSG
3 months ago#26
BearShrooms posted...
johnny_pay posted...

I'm not even sure I classify the witcher 3 as an RPG. It's not much different than the batman arkham games other than that you get to make a few choices.

Uh, the Arkham games are basically metroidvanias, especially the first one. Witcher 3 is definitely an RPG.
Fight Science with Wood http://i.imgur.com/MMRZgNi.gif
http://i.imgur.com/Um0p3xx.gif http://i.imgur.com/MIbbUHB.gif

User Info: BearShrooms

BearShrooms
3 months ago#27
SlashmanSG posted...
BearShrooms posted...
johnny_pay posted...

Uh, the Arkham games are basically metroidvanias, especially the first one. Witcher 3 is definitely an RPG.

The definition of an RPG has become completely subjective.

What about the witcher 3 makes it an "rpg" in your eyes.

User Info: Voxwik

Voxwik
3 months ago#28
BearShrooms posted...
SlashmanSG posted...
BearShrooms posted...
johnny_pay posted...

The definition of an RPG has become completely subjective.

What about the witcher 3 makes it an "rpg" in your eyes.

It's classified as one, and that does it. Usually it's only "subjective" in the context of people attempting to get on a soapbox and bash a game. I don't know how people doing that don't realize how silly it looks, at least when it's a passionate "it's not a REAL RPG this is for the casuals!!!1111" type of rant. I will agree the definition itself has gotten blurred in modern games and "RPG elements" vs. outright RPG are used interchangeably much of the time. That's why I say the creators call it one and therefore that is what it is.

I had someone in high school try to say Resident Evil is an RPG...

User Info: XianMei

XianMei
3 months ago#29
SlashmanSG posted...
BearShrooms posted...
johnny_pay posted...

Just so you know, Bearshrooms is a troll. I don't recommend giving him attention.
My quest to beat 40 games by March 1st 2018!
https://pastebin.com/8i5EiCi1
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Which studio is currently the best maker of western RPGs?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived