This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

AAA Edition: What was your AAA PC goty, or closest to your AAA GOTY listed here?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. AAA Edition: What was your AAA PC goty, or closest to your AAA GOTY listed here?

User Info: XianMei

XianMei
3 months ago#1
Again, this is just AAA. - Results (45 votes)
Prey
6.67% (3 votes)
Wolfenstein II
4.44% (2 votes)
Total War: Warhammer 2
6.67% (3 votes)
Shadow of War
15.56% (7 votes)
Assassin's Creed: Origins
6.67% (3 votes)
Nier Automata
42.22% (19 votes)
Resident Evil 7
15.56% (7 votes)
Tekken 7
2.22% (1 votes)
CoD: WW2
0% (0 votes)
The Evil Within 2
0% (0 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Recreated this topic as my original choices were lacking. Making a AAA list now and an Indie list after this topic dies down.

Anyways, I.didn't like how half the answers on the What is your GOTY topic weren't pc games, as that doesn't really help anyone who doesn't own any consoles. This way I can get more of an idea of what people liked from the pc from this year.

So, please, vote on your favorite AAA game from this list, and tell me what your favorite AAA from this year was if it's not on this list.
My quest to beat 40 games by March 1st 2018!
https://pastebin.com/8i5EiCi1

User Info: mucloud

mucloud
3 months ago#2
Shadow of war that game has so much replay and long gevity with it almost endless captains to kill so much fun.
Cooler Master CM Storm Trooper White W10 64bit GA990FXAUD3 FX 8320 Vishera 8-Core Core 4.0 GHz 1000watt Rosewell PSU 32GB RAM XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB

User Info: Silvererazor

Silvererazor
3 months ago#3
Is Nier a AAA game at all?

User Info: XianMei

XianMei
3 months ago#4
Silvererazor posted...

Absolutely.
My quest to beat 40 games by March 1st 2018!
https://pastebin.com/8i5EiCi1

User Info: thanthen

thanthen
3 months ago#5
Prey, Nier and Evil Within 2 were the best games this year.
I'm gonna stab the s*** out of you. - Detective Castellanos, renown art critic.

User Info: RhapsodyRage

RhapsodyRage
3 months ago#6
What makes Nier Automata and RE7 AAA titles? Pretty sure neither one of those had anywhere close that high a budget, especially since Nier was considered a major success selling 1+ million copies.

Drakengard series has never had huge budgets in the first place. As for RE7, Capcom has no funds to be spending absurd amounts on game development like that. RE6 destroyed them financially which is why we got 7 in that style to begin with. Heck, they couldn't even afford to develop SFV on their own without assistance from Sony.

Edit: How is Tekken 7 AAA? You know AAA has nothing to do with quality right? It's all about game development cost.

User Info: ImaPC

ImaPC
3 months ago#7
Silvererazor posted...

It actually isn't, at least officially. It's a AA game.

I also believe the only GOTY discussion NieR: Automata should be considered in, is the worst PC port of the year. You can't be considered among the best of year for PC with a port like that.

User Info: DV8ingSources

DV8ingSources
3 months ago#8
thanthen posted...

Agreed. I haven't played Evil Within 2 but I've watched a bit and its clearly well done with good reviews.

ImaPC posted...
Silvererazor posted...

I also believe the only GOTY discussion NieR: Automata should be considered in, is the worst PC port of the year. You can't be considered among the best of year for PC with a port like that.

Played through with 0 crashes here. Sorry you had issues. I know it wasn't the greatest port but aside from needing a borderless window fix for the resolution, it played perfectly over the 68 hours I played. I know I have a pretty decent pc with newish parts but I know a few other friends with no issues as well on weaker hardware. IMO the worst port of the year would be a game that had issues that affected everyone.
4790k @ 4.6 | Asus Maximus VII Formula | H105 | 32GB RAM | 1080ti | 1TB of SSD | 6TB of HDD | Win 10 64bit | ax1200w | HTC Vive
Steam: DV8ing1

User Info: DetectivPenguin

DetectivPenguin
3 months ago#9
I've played none of these lol
Are you a fan 3D turn based rpgs?
Go check out (and if interested, support!!) Soul Saga,Cross Reverie, Earthlock, and Edge of Eternity! Keep the genre alive!!

User Info: ImaPC

ImaPC
3 months ago#10
DV8ingSources posted...
thanthen posted...

Agreed. I haven't played Evil Within 2 but I've watched a bit and its clearly well done with good reviews.

ImaPC posted...
Silvererazor posted...

Played through with 0 crashes here. Sorry you had issues. I know it wasn't the greatest port but aside from needing a borderless window fix for the resolution, it played perfectly over the 68 hours I played. I know I have a pretty decent pc with newish parts but I know a few other friends with no issues as well on weaker hardware. IMO the worst port of the year would be a game that had issues that affected everyone.

I never said it was the worst port of the year. Just that it would be in discussion for such. I never had crashes either in my 2 hours of playtime either. It ran fine also, but that still doesn't mean it wasn't a technical mess with loads of problems that made the developer look completely inept. I mean, the game can't even display in the proper resolution without a third-party fix. That right the is a massive fail on it's own. So I'm sure it's a good game, great game even, but to consider it among the best that PC had to offer this year? I don't think so. That's just me though.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. AAA Edition: What was your AAA PC goty, or closest to your AAA GOTY listed here?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived