This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Building a new PC (i3 8350K, adding a GPU later). I could use some advice

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Building a new PC (i3 8350K, adding a GPU later). I could use some advice

User Info: Renraku_San

Renraku_San
4 months ago#91
Sick of your f***ing bulls*** and your peasant-ass build, buy a Nintendo Switch TC!
I worship Jesus Christ and am 100% proud to be Christian!
I read the Bible every day, you should too!

User Info: GoldenSun3DS

GoldenSun3DS
4 months ago#92
Testing my new sig.
i3-8350K, Zotac GTX1060 6GB, 16GB DDR4-3600, Gigabyte Z370 motherboard, WD Black 6TB HDD, 250GB SSD, EVGA 450W PSU, Thermalright cooler, Deepcool Tesseract case

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
4 months ago#93
GoldenSun3DS posted...
I'm going to stick with the PSU because I don't have enough money left over to buy a new one and Gamers Nexus made a video with it. Worst case scenario, if it f***s up my PC, I can buy the Square Trade warranty (all parts bought from Newegg).

Actually...
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/evga-450-b3-psu,5160-6.html
Apparently, it's a literal firehazard through flawed design.
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud

GoldenSun3DS
4 months ago#94
DarkZV2Beta posted...
GoldenSun3DS posted...
I'm going to stick with the PSU because I don't have enough money left over to buy a new one and Gamers Nexus made a video with it. Worst case scenario, if it f***s up my PC, I can buy the Square Trade warranty (all parts bought from Newegg).

Actually...
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/evga-450-b3-psu,5160-6.html
Apparently, it's a literal firehazard through flawed design.

The way they worded it, it sounds like it failed because it tried to use more power than it supported (580W when it's rated for 450W). I sent a message to the author of that article for clarification. I should probably be fine if I just don't overclock until I can get a better PSU.
i3-8350K, Zotac GTX1060 6GB, 16GB DDR4-3600, Gigabyte Z370 motherboard, WD Black 6TB HDD, 250GB SSD, EVGA 450W PSU, Thermalright cooler, Deepcool Tesseract case

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
4 months ago#95
That does appear to be the case, but if the PSU goes, it's potentially going to be a "burns your house down" situation, rather than a "it killed some stuff maybe" situation.
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud

GoldenSun3DS
4 months ago#96
DarkZV2Beta posted...
That does appear to be the case, but if the PSU goes, it's potentially going to be a "burns your house down" situation, rather than a "it killed some stuff maybe" situation.

I live in an apartment.

User Info: wantfastcars

wantfastcars
4 months ago#97
GoldenSun3DS posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...

I live in an apartment.

And that makes you magically immune to stuff catching fire?

For f***'s sake, living in an apartment makes intentionally purchasing a fire hazard even worse. Now you're not just risking burning your own home to the ground, but the homes of dozens of other people as well.
Now Playing: Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2
Now, let's count up your sins!

GoldenSun3DS
4 months ago#98
wantfastcars posted...
GoldenSun3DS posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...

I live in an apartment.

And that makes you magically immune to stuff catching fire?

For f***'s sake, living in an apartment makes intentionally purchasing a fire hazard even worse. Now you're not just risking burning your own home to the ground, but the homes of dozens of other people as well.

It's not like I'm lighting fireworks in my home. It's a computer, not a bomb.

I meant that apartments don't have that risk: You don't own it, so if a tornado/earthquake/fire/etc destroys it, you're not out anything (besides any belongings). You just have to move.

User Info: blacklabelice

blacklabelice
4 months ago#99
GoldenSun3DS posted...
My CPU choice is irrelevant to the rest of the system, which is what I was asking for recommendations for.

Also, I'll be emulating high end systems like the Wii and Wii U where single thread performance is the most important thing, and having more than 4 cores doesn't help (and so is a waste of money).

5K is a definite help for emulating 3D systems like the Wii, which can be run at that resolution. There's also general Steam games. 4K is awesome, and 5K is going to be even better.

Stop focusing so much on my CPU and monitor choice. This CPU is important to my use-case and 5K is just a long-term goal to upgrade to (which has nothing to do with the CPU). I only mentioned it because I'm going to need to keep that in mind when choosing parts.

you really dont have a clue what youre talking about. you should just go buy an xbox instead. if 5k gaming or emulation is your goal, why would you build around a welfare cpu? sure youre hellbent on such an awkward build with expectations higher than the moon, but im sure youve already made up your mind and wont be told otherwise, so have fun with with your build. make sure to keep the fire extinguisher by your side.
I cant afford a good vacation, so i'm just going to drink until i dont know where i am.

User Info: ProfessorKukui

ProfessorKukui
4 months ago#100
GoldenSun3DS posted...
I meant that apartments don't have that risk: You don't own it, so if a tornado/earthquake/fire/etc destroys it, you're not out anything (besides any belongings). You just have to move.

Good one Prometheus, I am sure the neighbors will appreciate the gift of fire.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Building a new PC (i3 8350K, adding a GPU later). I could use some advice

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived