This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Call of Duty WWII or Overwatch?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Call of Duty WWII or Overwatch?

User Info: SaiDucc

SaiDucc
5 months ago#1
I took a long break from FPS (Last played them frequently in 2013-2014). I know they're not similar but what do you guys recommend? I use to play TDM a lot, didn't care for objective based modes other than Search & Destroy in COD. Overwatch seems to be a team oriented game, is it easy enough to play solo?

User Info: HoennZach

HoennZach
5 months ago#2
Well they are completely different. Id reccomend Overwatch as I dont like activision too much as a company, but CoD might be better if you dont like objectives.

Overwatch is one of my favorite shooters o all time though, and imo once you go to objective based shooters you cant go back. It just gives each round a natural progression. Also each hero is different from eachother in how they play. Theres just so much more depth in Overwatch that keeps me coming back.

If you have to have a TDM mode though then Id go with Battlefield 1. DICE makes some damn good games, they are owned by EA so they have to put s***ty microtransactions in there (Battlefront) but the actual game designers are good and I think Battlefield 1 is void of any "EA bulls***"
"Revenge is always sweet, and chaos is the prize"
-Die, RWBY

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
5 months ago#3
Overwatch *can* be played solo, but it's really not built for it. You play solo by creating a custom game, filling all empty slots with AI bots, and picking a level. Even then, it's 100% objective-based - you can have the highest kills, damage, heals, etc., and still lose if you let the objective go.

Honestly, if you prefer solo games and still want to try Overwatch, I'd suggest Co-op vs. AI. You're playing with others, but it's MUCH more relaxed and usually good-natured.

If you're adamant about SP-only, CoD is the only one with any sort of SP campaign or anything...
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23

User Info: spike_spiegel

spike_spiegel
5 months ago#4
The nearly mandatory team based nature of Overwatch is why I never bothered to even play it. It follows the same type of meta and flow as moba games which I can't stand.

User Info: ImaPC

ImaPC
5 months ago#5
I wouldn't recommend Overwatch. I think it's easily the worst product created by Blizzard. I really can't think of any semi-recent purchase that I regret more. Seriously, go with CoD.

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
5 months ago#6
HoennZach posted...
Well they are completely different. Id reccomend Overwatch as I dont like activision too much as a company, but CoD might be better if you dont like objectives.

Activision benefits from Overwatch sales as well
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: Zaeem

Zaeem
5 months ago#7
Ww2 definitely multiplayer tdm is good and new mode called war has been a blast aswell. They even improved alot on zombies I would say it's better than iw zombies and iw zombies was nearly perfect.

User Info: thanthen

thanthen
5 months ago#8
WW2, Overwatch is only for stupid waifu forever alones.
I'm gonna stab the s*** out of you. - Detective Castellanos, renown art critic.

User Info: MangorushZ_

MangorushZ_
5 months ago#9
I'm surprise everyone is liking the new CoD on PC, I thought everyone hated the series.
My Steam Profile:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/mangorushz

User Info: Hagan

Hagan
5 months ago#10
Overwatch, you may want to consider looking into Destiny 2 as well
BNET = Mike#1931
Steam = mhagan1986
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Call of Duty WWII or Overwatch?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived