This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How does the Xbox One X make you feel as a PC gamer?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How does the Xbox One X make you feel as a PC gamer?

User Info: ArcadeGuy

ArcadeGuy
3 months ago#61
randomoaf posted...
Terantatek posted...
Xbx doesn't get true modding capabilities. That alone makes it far, far, far worse than a pc of equal price. Far worse.

That's preference. See my previous comment about preferences/superiority.

Noyack posted...
my 1070 runs AC better than the X

A 1070 is far more powerful than the GPU in the X.

Developers have said X1X has the power equivalent of a GTX 1070 rig with 16GB memory without the Windows overhead.

User Info: MarceloSampaio

MarceloSampaio
3 months ago#62
ArcadeGuy posted...
randomoaf posted...
Terantatek posted...
Xbx doesn't get true modding capabilities. That alone makes it far, far, far worse than a pc of equal price. Far worse.

Noyack posted...

Developers have said X1X has the power equivalent of a GTX 1070 rig with 16GB memory without the Windows overhead.

And a very weak CPU, however.
VERY curious cat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlD0e5DUp28
My Steam profile: https://steamcommunity.com/id/marcsm2008

User Info: Silvererazor

Silvererazor
3 months ago#63
ArcadeGuy posted...
randomoaf posted...
Terantatek posted...

Noyack posted...

the only developer, who said this, was the Ark-dev, who was the same idiot, who said, that you need a 1k PC to match an original PS4 at a time, where every youtuber and their ma showed a $350-PC of, which surpassed the PS4 by a large margin.
Why are you so insecure about the xbox one X being a console, which can be matched by a $500-700 PC? Do you need validation for your purchase?
(message deleted)

User Info: jjyiz28

jjyiz28
3 months ago#65
arleas posted...
ToastyOne posted...
that sounds kinda Sega Genesis/32X/CD ish.

the 32X might have been a decent add-on if they hadn't replaced it so quickly with the Saturn. Ditto for the Sega CD... also, all those add-ons came too soon one after the other...

What I'm talking about is being able to upgrade your console rather than having to shell out for a whole new one like what they're doing with the Xbox One and the X Box One X....

comming from someone that owned the 32x and sega cd, it would have been better if the 32x came out earlier in its lifetime so as not to have been cockblocked by the saturn. the sega cd on the other hand was filled with FMV trash. the only shining points i can remember off top of my head is lunar the silver star, and popful mail. never could find eternal blue or snatchers in stores though.

i still have them both in my parents garage, all in the orginal boxes.

User Info: jjyiz28

jjyiz28
3 months ago#66
i wouldn't mind owning a console, but its just that i already have WAYY to many games in my backlog, i don't really need to add more. also i don't even own a TV. and i think im a bit spoiled by all the humble bundle, fanatical, steam sales for games, etc... and for "obtaining" games from companies i despise, Ubisoft.

my PSX was the last console i owned and the only game i bought for it was NFL blitz. what i did was rent 1 game from blockbuster or hollywood video, beat the game, then rent another game, etc... saved me quite a bit of money instead of outright buying it.

User Info: Ryzeki

Ryzeki
3 months ago#67
ArcadeGuy posted...
randomoaf posted...
Terantatek posted...

Noyack posted...

Only 1 dev said that, and that dev does not have a good track record.

Just look at AC origins on X1X and compare to 4k ultra settings with an RX580. The RX manages to get around 20fps with higher res (not dynamic) and higher settings. This means the performance of x1x is similar to the rx580, as was speculated before.

The GTX1070 actually manages 30fps or close to, so it runs at higher res and settings than x1x, at similar performance.
MSI GT73VR - Core i7 6th gen @4.1Ghz | | 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4 || 128GB PCIe SSD + 1TB SATA SSD || GTX1080 || 1080P@120hz

User Info: ImmortalityV

ImmortalityV
3 months ago#68
Scared it seems too powerful
--------------------------------------------------
*Proud Social Justice Warrior*

User Info: thegreatsquare

thegreatsquare
3 months ago#69
ImmortalityV posted...
Scared it seems too powerful

Did you forget the "/s"?

The graphics are powerful, but really meant to push resolution. The CPU side of things isn't much better than the other model of the XB1. The CPU isn't going to handle a whole bunch more objects on the screen than the other models of the XB1. That Msoft [like Sony] want to maintain compatibility between their models is going to extend the generational graphics plateau. I'm on a 3yo gaming laptop with a 980m 8GB and as far as I see it going forward, the XB1x 4-5 years gives my laptop those years too.
Explain why MSI needs our laptops on top of the wholesale cost they're already get from us in their GT72(s)/GT80(s) trade in program? MSI isn't to be trusted!

User Info: LazyyAmerican

LazyyAmerican
3 months ago#70
So liek...when is the xbone 2 coming out and will it come with a large number 1 with coke?
You've got ten minutes. There's policies even your section have to follow
I'll be sure to forward your message to the president.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How does the Xbox One X make you feel as a PC gamer?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived