This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The new Denuvo works well -- AC Origins had 48-72 hours of clean PC sales.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. The new Denuvo works well -- AC Origins had 48-72 hours of clean PC sales.

User Info: ArcadeGuy

ArcadeGuy
11 months ago#1
This is the first AAA release that hasn't got cracked in a matter of hours this year.

User Info: d209999

d209999
11 months ago#2
On that same note, I’ll be waiting to pick it up used on a console.

I’d rather give my money to GameStop or EBay instead of Ubisoft for pulling these shenanigans
"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." - Theodore Roosevelt

User Info: Jedi454

Jedi454
11 months ago#3
AC Origins is using 4 layers of DRM.

Steam, Uplay, Denuvo and VPM.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CrackWatch/comments/79jdqu/about_ubisofts_anticonsumer_move/
Quitting my job to play Super Mario Odyssey is now considered "trolling". - GameFAQs 2017

User Info: godplaysSNES

godplaysSNES
11 months ago#4
They'll still claim they lost millions of dollars due to piracy
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!

User Info: Jedi454

Jedi454
11 months ago#5
Pretty sure Ubisoft lost sales due to Denuvo and forced Uplay with the South Park game.
Quitting my job to play Super Mario Odyssey is now considered "trolling". - GameFAQs 2017

User Info: Digital Storm

Digital Storm
11 months ago#6
I'm just imagining how much of an a****** I could have been if I went into DRM.

So excite.
Ooo eee, oo ah ah, ting tang, walla walla bing bang.

User Info: gnomekingclive

gnomekingclive
11 months ago#7
Ultimately pointless, pirates are just waiting for the crack not buying the game lol.

User Info: ArcadeGuy

ArcadeGuy
11 months ago#8
gnomekingclive posted...
Ultimately pointless, pirates are just waiting for the crack not buying the game lol.

It's been proven if a game isn't available in the launch window people will buy it sooner than later whether Stream, Uplay, Cdkeys etc.

User Info: Dyshonest

Dyshonest
11 months ago#9
ArcadeGuy posted...
gnomekingclive posted...

It's been proven if a game isn't available in the launch window people will buy it sooner than later whether Stream, Uplay, Cdkeys etc.
This has never been proven. There has never been any evidence that piracy reduces the sales of a game. In fact some studies have proven the opposite.

User Info: TimePharaoh

TimePharaoh
11 months ago#10
ArcadeGuy posted...
gnomekingclive posted...

But the biggest argument is that "cdkeys, etc" are stolen keys and thus worse than piracy, and still result in no sale.

If you think someone going "gee I want to pirate this game" is going to go "oh, guess I'm going to pay full price on a retail store" you're a dip
Wait, what? I heard about the Netflix thing but how does the music thing work? You get partial songs or what? - Fade2Scrub420
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. The new Denuvo works well -- AC Origins had 48-72 hours of clean PC sales.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived