This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone bought/planning on getting a mixed reality HMD?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Anyone bought/planning on getting a mixed reality HMD?

User Info: Celebratox

Celebratox
6 months ago#1
Noticed MR hasn't gotten mentioned pretty much at all yet here so I figured I'd spark up a convo about it. Has all the buzz about the cheaper HMDs and new MR ecosystem (with Steam VR support coming soon) caught anyone's interest enough to buy one of the headsets?

Thinking about upgrading my Vive to the Odyssey for the ~70% higher resolution, but only after the full SteamVR update and only if all games work without issues.
HTC VIVE] ASUS Z170-P D3] i5 6600k @ 4.3 w/H105] 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 @ 1866] EVGA GTX980] Samsung 850 EVO 1TB] Corsair CMPSU-850HX] Corsair Carbide 330R

User Info: arleas

arleas
6 months ago#2
Celebratox posted...
Noticed MR hasn't gotten mentioned pretty much at all yet here

There was a guy who was asking specifically about it in regards to a recent Windows 10 update.

To me: MR is when you have a VR game video mixed with live action from the guy playing VR... Virtual + Actual = Mixed

To Microsoft: MR is when you have Augmented Reality And/or Virtual Reality! Why? Because corrupting existing phrases to suit our needs is what we do here!

Anyway... I'm not really on board with the MR headsets since I've heard that they really don't track well in low light, and one of the things I love about the Vive is that the lights can be completely off and I can play just as easily as with them on... (the downside being any shiny/reflective surface can play havoc on your tracking).

If the resolution is great and the tracking is perfect and it's not too expensive and/or it's compatible with the controllers I have already, then maybe...

I'm in a "wait and see" mode right now. If they actually release soon and I can start seeing reviews and feedback from people who I can trust, then I'll think about it.
http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561197969913402.png http://i.imgur.com/VHKOxqN.png
FC: 3325-5440-8407 Dream Code:5E00-0013-7C61
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Anyone bought/planning on getting a mixed reality HMD?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived