This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Got a free GTX 1080 I want to put in older tower but it doesn't have 8 pin power

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Got a free GTX 1080 I want to put in older tower but it doesn't have 8 pin power

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
4 months ago#21
djruden posted...
Yea, I appreciate all the feedback here.

Right now I'm planning to buy a new 600w PSU probably. Or maybe a little stronger. Something like that tho. That will give me a chance to hook it up on my HP tower at least.

I'm also still considering building a new PC that is much nicer that this card would work much better in. I've never built a computer for myself but for the last year and a half I've worked in manufacturing and built like a thousand or more computers. Not necessarily tower PC's for home use but rather industrial grade stuff, rack mount servers, etc.

Since so many are wondering, the card was sort of perk of the job. It's used. Had some modifications on it I had to undo and put it back together the original way. I dunno if it works right even yet. Looks like it should. But because of it's state, it can't really be sold or anything anymore and I guess the ppl in charge are smart enough to not just throw nice things away even tho they can't really use it in any capacity anymore.

Assuming it works well when I get a new PSU, I'll look deeper into buying the rest of the components needed to build a nice new tower PC.

You will save a bit of money not having to buy that GPU, but GPUs become dated fast so build soon.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Got a free GTX 1080 I want to put in older tower but it doesn't have 8 pin power

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived