This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A Hat In Time came out today on Steam, anyone play it?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. A Hat In Time came out today on Steam, anyone play it?

User Info: pothocket

pothocket
6 months ago#11
wizardmon posted...
desert_santa posted...
I want to play it, but Shadow of War releases soon. Won't have time to finish.

You might be able to finish that game faster if you spend a few extra $100s on the DLC designed to skip the purposely boring and repetitive segments of the game.

It's interesting watching how opinions spread on the internet and people adopt them as fact.
http://www.koalastothemax.com/?aHR0cDovL2kuaW1ndXIuY29tL3pnMGpYWDcuanBn

User Info: GeminiX7

GeminiX7
6 months ago#12
yohabroha posted...
is this a sequel to a wrinkle in time

I think it's the sequel to Cat in the Hat.
MSI Z97| Intel i5-4690 @ 3.5 Ghz | 8GB Cosair Vengence @ 1600 |Radeon R9 390 8GB
Who gave you permission to talk to me, mongrel?

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
6 months ago#13
GeminiX7 posted...
yohabroha posted...
is this a sequel to a wrinkle in time

I think it's the sequel to Cat in the Hat.

maybe a franchise crossover?
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: DexterTheThird

DexterTheThird
6 months ago#14
Great game so far!

It plays a lot like Mario 64/Sunshine right down to the mission structure, with some Mario Galaxy vibes sprinkled in. Controls are super fluid. Music and VA is pretty great too.

My only complaint is it seems REALLY resource demanding and not well optimized, I had to run it on Performance to remove stuttering and my gpu is no slouch.

Also why is it upsetting SJWs on Neogaf ? Is it the Mafia characatures?
Formerly known as Hero Fly Chao. I can make spaghetti.
https://www.overbuff.com/players/pc/DexTheThird-1892

User Info: Evojeeta

Evojeeta
6 months ago#15
I voted for this on Steam Greenlight, like two years ago; Looks pretty good.

User Info: Kyle1022

Kyle1022
6 months ago#16
DexterTheThird posted...
Great game so far!

It plays a lot like Mario 64/Sunshine right down to the mission structure, with some Mario Galaxy vibes sprinkled in. Controls are super fluid. Music and VA is pretty great too.

My only complaint is it seems REALLY resource demanding and not well optimized, I had to run it on Performance to remove stuttering and my gpu is no slouch.

Also why is it upsetting SJWs on Neogaf ? Is it the Mafia characatures?

Which GPU are you using? Does it support 4k resolution @ 60fps or 144Hz @ 1080p? Do you think a GTX 980 and an i7 4770k can achieve either of those with this?

I think they're mad because they left in the Jontron cameo.
GTX 980 | i7-4770k @ 4.0 GHz | 16gb RAM
Switch | Wii U | Wii | GC | N64 | SNES | NES | PSTV | PS4 | PS3 | PS2 | PS1 | 360 | N3DS | DSi | GBA | GBC | Vita | PSP

User Info: DexterTheThird

DexterTheThird
6 months ago#17
Lol who cares about Jontron references. What babies.

And I'm on Radeon 470, but your CPU is much nicer than mine (I'm on an AMD from a few years back) so I don't think you'll have problems
Formerly known as Hero Fly Chao. I can make spaghetti.
https://www.overbuff.com/players/pc/DexTheThird-1892

User Info: arleas

arleas
6 months ago#18
DexterTheThird posted...
Lol who cares about Jontron references. What babies.

I used to like Jontron, haven't watched a video of his since before he teamed up with EgoRaptor to do "Game Grumps" (a show I never had any interest in).

I forgot what exactly made the SJW's not like JonTron though.
Either way I wouldn't avoid the game just because of Jontron ...unless he was so annoying in game that people had to look for ways to remove his sound files or something. His voice CAN be annoying.

Still just a cameo? Deal with it and it'll be over before you know it...
http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561197969913402.png http://i.imgur.com/VHKOxqN.png
FC: 3325-5440-8407 Dream Code:5E00-0013-7C61

User Info: DoctorTarr

DoctorTarr
6 months ago#19
I love this game! The platforming, difficulty, controls, soundtrack and level design are fantastic! The very first area I spent a lot of time just exploring, and they reward you greatly for it, every level has a nice flow to it. This game is damn good if you're into the genre. I had a feeling Yooka-Laylee would do s*** after seeing empty ass levels in the trailer and all that jontron controversy, this game nails everything down perfectly, they should take notes on what this game has done right.
MSI Z170A M5, Intel i5 6600K, Geforce GTX 1080 ,Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB, Seagate 2TB HDD, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD

User Info: GeseztKatze

GeseztKatze
6 months ago#20
I'm seeing a lot of good reviews and commentary on this games and it captured my interest. The current price is a bit high for my taste, considering the level of polish on graphics, but I'll definitely pick it up in the near future. It jumped to the top of my wishlist because of style, movement controls and music.
Try not to look under your bed
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. A Hat In Time came out today on Steam, anyone play it?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived