This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

is black desert online worth $10 in steam?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. is black desert online worth $10 in steam?

User Info: chicksboii

chicksboii
8 months ago#1
How much content does black desert have and is there grinding in that game? thank you

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
8 months ago#2
Is there grinding in the game?!? Its a Korean MMO.. its like asking do you need water and food to live
Put on a smile cause Jesus loves you

User Info: Masamune_DS

Masamune_DS
8 months ago#3
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/916373-pc/75394490

I would keep this in mind.
If a wizard turns me into Dawn then I would sooo touch myself every single night. ~ SoulGainDestiny

User Info: -GhosT-

-GhosT-
8 months ago#4
Masamune_DS posted...
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/916373-pc/75394490

I would keep this in mind.

I don't get people how it's such a foreign concept to the people in the above thread, that quite a few MMOs allow you to slowly level up crafting skills while AFK.

It's not as OP as people make it out to be, and especially in Black Desert. You "can" fish while AFK, but only until you fill your bags, and you'll mostly get over 75% trash fish. Somedays, you can be lucky and get a bunch of those stone pieces you need to summon bosses, but it's a rare occurence.

You can't be crafting all day long, either. You just setup a batch of stuff to craft, until you used up all your stamina, and then it stops automatically... It's exactly the same as if you were sitting in front of your character. In fact, everytime I start a crafting batch in that game, i literally alt-tab out and check on it every 10 minutes.

Farms let you gather a bunch of crafting materials, but they are the only way to obtain those items, except maybe literally walking to those farms and plucking up a dozen of those "tomatoes" or whatever off the fields and waiting for them to respawn. (Not the intended way.)

The ONLY complaint I have about the game is the lack of end-game content, and the fact that leveling from level 1 to 50 takes around 2 days, while every level past 50 takes from 2 days to weeks of pure grinding.

It was an extremely fun experience, until you hit that wall of "Nothing to do except grind sahagins now, and then in 2 days it's time to move to spot B and kill mob B, then in a week it's spot C for mob C." God, what an awful endgame.
I'm A Man of Principles, Damn Near Invincible
www.twitch.tv/GilgameshGG

User Info: NGd72

NGd72
8 months ago#5
Game is great, get it.

People whining like children about AFK farming is hilarious...since EVERYONE can do it.

User Info: crimsiden

crimsiden
8 months ago#6
Its a great game to test your graphics card lol but outside of that? Its pretty shallow of a game with crappy leveling, story , and the end game is nothing to brag about . There is just no substance to it . I would pass on this one if I were you .

User Info: LOLIAmAnAlt

LOLIAmAnAlt
8 months ago#7
It does have grinding.
But it offers a lot of fun for $10
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

User Info: SleepComa

SleepComa
8 months ago#8
Polarizing opinions in here, much like all of the internet.

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
8 months ago#9
Its another basic MMO that offer a somewhat unique fighting system. Just wait till its free next year
Put on a smile cause Jesus loves you

User Info: Judgmenl

Judgmenl
8 months ago#10
Fade2black001 posted...
Its a Korean MMO
Judge, Nostalgia is a hell of a drug. | http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/3547762
You're a regular Jack Kerouac
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. is black desert online worth $10 in steam?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived