This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do you enjoy PC gaming over consoles?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why do you enjoy PC gaming over consoles?

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
1 year ago#31
It's cheaper and better. New consoles just kinda suck.
I still play old consoles sometimes though.
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Get n or get out

User Info: Freelance_Wolf

Freelance_Wolf
1 year ago#32
1. PCs have the biggest game library
2. PCs have more control options (KB. Mouse, KB+M, gamepad, wheel, joysticks, headsets, etc)
3. PCs have all genres available, meaning bigger variety of games. Consoles don't and thus suffer from this.
Max: "I think he just needs a hug, or a sharp blow to the head."

User Info: almightydun

almightydun
1 year ago#33
FREEEEEEDOMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ll!!!
DO NOT BE ASHAMED FOR PLAYING VIDEO GAMES.
Embrace the experience and share it with everyone you can.

User Info: Highly Evolved

Highly Evolved
1 year ago#34
I wish I was a PC gamer. Consoles are ok but I will always look at Steam sales in envy. Getting a Gaming rig built in a third world ****hole such as this one where I live is impossible as there are no parts available. You're forced to buy off the shelf from Alienware and the likes, and pay $2k and up.

When/if I ever move to the US you can bet, one of my first endeavors will be buliding my own gaming PC.
It is the beginning of my end. I've raised you well, GameFAQs. Now go, make me proud. *sniff* - CjayC 7/19/2007

User Info: JYLE_BrH

JYLE_BrH
1 year ago#35
EpicKingdom_ posted...
Is this topic really necessary?

/topic.

Fixed.

User Info: farigonti

farigonti
1 year ago#36
One machine that does it all.

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
1 year ago#37
Highly Evolved posted...
I wish I was a PC gamer. Consoles are ok but I will always look at Steam sales in envy. Getting a Gaming rig built in a third world ****hole such as this one where I live is impossible as there are no parts available. You're forced to buy off the shelf from Alienware and the likes, and pay $2k and up.

When/if I ever move to the US you can bet, one of my first endeavors will be buliding my own gaming PC.

I'm unsure where you live but you might be able to pull the same trick Canadians do.

Pick a nearby country, and order your parts and have them mailed to a mailbox there. UPS and others often offer pick up service.
Then, once everything is there, just drive and pick up your stuff yourself. Naturally you need a passport to go across a border.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

User Info: SkittyOnWailord

SkittyOnWailord
1 year ago#38
Better graphics and more h-games. IMO those are the only reasons. And they are two very good reasons.
I'm here! I'm furry! I'll try not to shed! =^_^=
i7 5820K|Rampage V Extreme|32GB DDR4 Ripjaws 4|SLI GTX 980ti Lightning LE|HAF 932|Samsung 50inch 4K|HTC Vive

User Info: red_robin

red_robin
1 year ago#39
Tons of reasons. In order

Better exclusive games
Better versions of multiplatform games
Steam controller
Better performance (can turn down visuals and don't get stuck with sub 60 fps)
Backwards compatibility forever
Mods
Options (visual, performance, controllers, resolution, monitor or tv, keyboard or controller etc)
Better online
Free online
Upgradability
Better visuals

User Info: ganondorf77

ganondorf77
1 year ago#40
lordofthenlpple posted...
And certain games I wouldnt be able to get on consoles

I care very little on graphics and not just "certain" but "a huge amount" of games i wouldnt be able to play. On the other hand, free online, better online, huge times cheaper, modding, editors, perfect compatibility, mouse&keyboard, performance, emulation, I cannot choose.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why do you enjoy PC gaming over consoles?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived