This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Help deciding on an upgrade..

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Help deciding on an upgrade..

User Info: iJustRich

iJustRich
1 year ago#1
Okay so right now i'm using FX 6300 and have been thinking of saving up some more to go Intel Kabylake...

But a friend of mine is selling a barebones using his older parts... should i go new or go for my friends stuff?

https://gyazo.com/26a5dba17d910db6bc838a2190f0e132

Cooler Master CM-ii Case
NZXT Sentry LX Fan Controller (The mark on the picture is actually still the plastic face cover, never removed)
BR Drive
950W Cyberpower PSU
Gigabyte Z97 Gaming 5 Mobo
Intel Core i7 4790 3.6 Ghz (Non-K)
16Gb Corsair Vengeance LP Ram
Asetek 240MM AIO CPU Cooler + 2 Random fans
GT + Steam - iJustRich
FX 6300 BE / ASRock 990FX / R9 280x / 16GB / 1TB HDD

User Info: mokemayo

mokemayo
1 year ago#2
buy your friends rig it looks pretty dope for $400

plus you can buy a powerful card to add to it

User Info: zxxcman

zxxcman
1 year ago#3
Get your friend's rig, add an RX480/GTX1060 if you're on a budget, or a 1070/1080 if you're willing to go higher, and you'd be set for a while.
'None of those are FACT apart from house going to catch fire which could technically happen.' - edgyfury 22/10/2016
'Please remove your signature' - edgyfury

User Info: Death_Born

Death_Born
1 year ago#4
Yes, definitely get your friend's rig. It looks like quite a good deal. With a 1060 6gb, will come out to $650 for a rig that is worth a couple hundred bucks more.

You don't need an AIO cooler for that though. Dunno why he put it in with a non k CPU. You may want to swap it out for a Hyper TX3 and sell the cooler.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Help deciding on an upgrade..

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived