This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Looking to run games from 2015-present day. What can i run on this machine?

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
1 year ago#11
Connorsc17 posted...
I would however im not too great at comparing the specs between my pc and the game. I wouldn't know how much better the specs of the game are thats all ha ha.

Well you have roughly the GPU power of a PS4 Pro once the console inefficiency is factored in, and you have about 8 times the CPU power of the PS4 Pro.

Someone will try and say the PS4 Pro has a 970 in it and the 1050ti is weaker than the 970. But in all tests so far, the 970 edges out the PS4 pro by quite a margin.

For histories sake, the PS4 had about 50% more power than the old 750ti, the predecessor to your card. But somehow the ps4 consistently performed slower than the 750ti.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

User Info: Connorsc17

Connorsc17
1 year ago#12
EpicKingdom_ posted...
Connorsc17 posted...
I would however im not too great at comparing the specs between my pc and the game. I wouldn't know how much better the specs of the game are thats all ha ha.

1050ti is on the low end of the 10xx series.

1050 > 1050 ti > 1060 > 1070 > 1080 > Titan XP, etc.

So if you see something recommending a 1080, well now you have an idea of where your 1050 is on that list.

Oh, thanks. What about the cpu? I see most games recommending an intel i5, im guessing that's better. If they require that then wont my game run worse because of the lower end procesor?

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
1 year ago#13
Connorsc17 posted...
Oh, thanks. What about the cpu? I see most games recommending an intel i5, im guessing that's better. If they require that then wont my game run worse because of the lower end procesor?

In rare cases yes. But it's only a hand full of games in the last 5 years. And the difference is marginal at best. The minimum is the spec you need to look at, not the recommended. The recommended is typically what the developers had, so they know the game runs great on that hardware. The minimum will be the weakest hardware they tested on.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

User Info: josh_b

josh_b
1 year ago#14
huh..... didn't even know there was such a thing as the 1050 lol
i7 5820k,Asus x99-Deluxe Mobo, Noctua D15 Cooler, Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB DDR4, Samsung 840 Evo 1TB SSD, Samsung 2TB HDD, Zotac GTX 1070 Amp Extreme
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Looking to run games from 2015-present day. What can i run on this machine?
  • Topic Archived