This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

AMD Radeon RX 490 "RUMOR" leaked Benchmarks

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. AMD Radeon RX 490 "RUMOR" leaked Benchmarks

User Info: Fall_Of_Rome

Fall_Of_Rome
1 year ago#21
Ratchetrockon posted...
NathanX95 posted...
Ratchetrockon posted...
Killah Priest posted...
sounds underwhelming.

Yeah this.

The 1080 itself is already starting to struggle with some games at 1080p like dishonered 2, arma 3, and watch dogs 2. I game on a 1440p monitor so I'm screwed.

No, it's absolutely not struggling at 1080p. It can still easily max any game out there at a constant 60 fps. Maybe it wasn't able to in Dishonored 2 at release, but that was due to horrible optimization, and had nothing to do with the card itself. And besides, those issues have been fixed.

Nah man try playing Arma 3 with max render distance on and on a server with 100+ players. I get a whopping 10-30 fps.

Then try playing Witcher 3 at 1080p with hairworks on and with mods to increase graphical settings from ultra>supreme>ultimate.. A whopping 30 fps with everything set to ultimate. Only way to play 60+ fps witcher 3 is to turn shadows and foliage distance to Ultra (from Ultimate) and keep hairworks off. On 1440p the game still drops down to the 55 fps range when I am in very dense forests w/ HDR mimic shader activated and texture mod.

Watch Dog 2 runs at a whopping 30 fps on max as well.

Sounds like the CPU not the GPU imo in a lot of your reasonable examples. Also, modding a game and complaining about performance is like aftermarket tuning a car and complaining about gas mileage. Of course you're going to take a hit, it's an add-on.
Follow me on Spotify - https://play.spotify.com/artist/1sJ0dABTC8wXqTfCLlPz8Z

User Info: KingDFizzle

KingDFizzle
1 year ago#22
Ratchetrockon posted...
NathanX95 posted...
Ratchetrockon posted...
Killah Priest posted...
sounds underwhelming.

Yeah this.

The 1080 itself is already starting to struggle with some games at 1080p like dishonered 2, arma 3, and watch dogs 2. I game on a 1440p monitor so I'm screwed.

No, it's absolutely not struggling at 1080p. It can still easily max any game out there at a constant 60 fps. Maybe it wasn't able to in Dishonored 2 at release, but that was due to horrible optimization, and had nothing to do with the card itself. And besides, those issues have been fixed.

Nah man try playing Arma 3 with max render distance on and on a server with 100+ players. I get a whopping 10-30 fps.

Then try playing Witcher 3 at 1080p with hairworks on and with mods to increase graphical settings from ultra>supreme>ultimate.. A whopping 30 fps with everything set to ultimate. Only way to play 60+ fps witcher 3 is to turn shadows and foliage distance to Ultra (from Ultimate) and keep hairworks off. On 1440p the game still drops down to the 55 fps range when I am in very dense forests w/ HDR mimic shader activated and texture mod.

Watch Dog 2 runs at a whopping 30 fps on max as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIKm3882Zbk

Arma is CPU bound. Highlighting a couple small examples of needing to turn down one incredibly intensive setting to high, or pinpointing a clearly broken release (dishonored 2) doesn't mean the card is "struggling" at 1080p. That's incredibly misleading.

User Info: iemerg_

iemerg_
1 year ago#23
Silvererazor posted...
Beasthunt posted...
4k and in-between a1070/1080 do not match. The 1080 isn't a 4k a card. I wish they would drop those buzzwords.

I hope it's true. The 490 is $300 range? That would be great for us gamers. Then Nvidia would have to drop the 1080ti and make it appealing with a good price tag.

lol no not $300 range. The linked article states @pricerange of a 1080.
I called it already a few weeks ago, when a few hardcore AMD-shills were extatic about "titan x -pascal performance @ ~$350 pricepoint", that for similar performance, AMD will have similar pricing.

Ok? so? a card thats between a 1070/1080 for $350 is extremely good on AMD's part. AMD now has the high end and low end market covered.
6700K@4.5 - 980 TI - EVGA 850 - 16GB DDR4 - Z170 FTW
H110i GTX - Evolv ATX - 500GB SAMSUNG SSD - 1TB WD BLACK

User Info: KamenRiderBlade

KamenRiderBlade
1 year ago#24
IF AMD was smart, they'd make sure to place the pricing of the RX 490 at $385 MSRP and make sure the performance is faster than the 1070 across the board on games that don't favor Nvidia architecture by design.

They'd have a slam dunk.

If Nvidia reacts, AMD can react proportionally.
Are you a MexiCAN or a MexiCAN'T - Johnny Depp 'Once Upon A Time in Mexico'

User Info: Snuckie7

Snuckie7
1 year ago#25
iemerg_ posted...
Silvererazor posted...
Beasthunt posted...
4k and in-between a1070/1080 do not match. The 1080 isn't a 4k a card. I wish they would drop those buzzwords.

I hope it's true. The 490 is $300 range? That would be great for us gamers. Then Nvidia would have to drop the 1080ti and make it appealing with a good price tag.

lol no not $300 range. The linked article states @pricerange of a 1080.
I called it already a few weeks ago, when a few hardcore AMD-shills were extatic about "titan x -pascal performance @ ~$350 pricepoint", that for similar performance, AMD will have similar pricing.

Ok? so? a card thats between a 1070/1080 for $350 is extremely good on AMD's part. AMD now has the high end and low end market covered.

Except the article speculates that it will cost closer to $600 than it will to $350.
i7 3820 @ 4.5GHz | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | 8GB Samsung DDR3 2133 | PCP&C 600W

User Info: johnny_pay

johnny_pay
1 year ago#26
after reading the rumour it was going to be a dual gpu card i lost interest.

User Info: Knighted Dragon

Knighted Dragon
1 year ago#27
Hmm I can't wait for the flagship, I hope there is something to match / beat the 1080 ti when it comes out
Proverbs 3:5 & Galatians 2:20 & John 14:6
http://i.imgur.com/heRqmfH.jpg

User Info: KamenRiderBlade

KamenRiderBlade
1 year ago#28
Knighted Dragon posted...
Hmm I can't wait for the flagship, I hope there is something to match / beat the 1080 ti when it comes out

Me too.

I want them to match and outperform in Price / Performance for each of Nvidia's tiers.

With them coming in late, there should be no excuse as to why they can't develop a product to counter Nvidia at each tier of the GPU market.
Are you a MexiCAN or a MexiCAN'T - Johnny Depp 'Once Upon A Time in Mexico'

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
1 year ago#29
Ratchetrockon posted...
The 1080 itself is already starting to struggle with some games at 1080p like dishonered 2, arma 3, and watch dogs 2

That's not the 1080, that's terrible optimization. If a $300+ tier GPU is struggling to run a game at 1080p, and the game doesn't look absolutely gobsmacking, unprecedentedly beautiful, that's some s***-tier coding there. That, or somebody is insisting on maxing a CPU intensive setting as another user suggested, which again, has nothing to do with the 1080.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: Boge

Boge
1 year ago#30
I think I'm going to buy this card, and a Freesync monitor to go with it.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. AMD Radeon RX 490 "RUMOR" leaked Benchmarks

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived