This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. AMD Radeon RX 490 "RUMOR" leaked Benchmarks

User Info: josh_b

josh_b
2 years ago#31
KingDFizzle posted...
Ratchetrockon posted...
NathanX95 posted...
Ratchetrockon posted...
Killah Priest posted...
sounds underwhelming.

Yeah this.

The 1080 itself is already starting to struggle with some games at 1080p like dishonered 2, arma 3, and watch dogs 2. I game on a 1440p monitor so I'm screwed.

No, it's absolutely not struggling at 1080p. It can still easily max any game out there at a constant 60 fps. Maybe it wasn't able to in Dishonored 2 at release, but that was due to horrible optimization, and had nothing to do with the card itself. And besides, those issues have been fixed.

Nah man try playing Arma 3 with max render distance on and on a server with 100+ players. I get a whopping 10-30 fps.

Then try playing Witcher 3 at 1080p with hairworks on and with mods to increase graphical settings from ultra>supreme>ultimate.. A whopping 30 fps with everything set to ultimate. Only way to play 60+ fps witcher 3 is to turn shadows and foliage distance to Ultra (from Ultimate) and keep hairworks off. On 1440p the game still drops down to the 55 fps range when I am in very dense forests w/ HDR mimic shader activated and texture mod.

Watch Dog 2 runs at a whopping 30 fps on max as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIKm3882Zbk

Arma is CPU bound. Highlighting a couple small examples of needing to turn down one incredibly intensive setting to high, or pinpointing a clearly broken release (dishonored 2) doesn't mean the card is "struggling" at 1080p. That's incredibly misleading.

I run the Witcher 3 at a dead stop 60 fps and never seen a drop and everything is maxed out at 1080p with hairworks on full.
i7 5820k,Asus x99-Deluxe Mobo, Noctua D15 Cooler, Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB DDR4, Samsung 840 Evo 1TB SSD, Samsung 2TB HDD, Zotac GTX 1070 Amp Extreme

User Info: BrokenMachine85

BrokenMachine85
2 years ago#32
Too little too late - AMD's logo.
i5 6600K @4.5ghz | 16GB 3200mhz DDR4 | Palit GTX 1080 8GB OC (GPU @2.1ghz / GDDR5X @10.5ghz | Acer 28" 4K 80hz Display
4K Master Race

User Info: Silvererazor

Silvererazor
2 years ago#33
BrokenMachine85 posted...
Too little too late - AMD's logo.

This will be most likely the gtx 970/r9 390-story all over again.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. AMD Radeon RX 490 "RUMOR" leaked Benchmarks
  • Topic Archived