This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Some help with my wife's computer- low performance

User Info: josh_b

josh_b
2 years ago#1
Ok So my wife and i have been trying to play the battlefield 1 trial- her PC is running a i5 2500k at 4.5ghz and i upgraded her GPU to founders edition GTX 1070.

her system is hitting around 55-60fps with dips down into the low 40's. Ive seen other people with worse setups getting way better performance in Battlefield and other games as well. What could be the issue here? Even people with the same cpu and a GTX 970 is performing better than her system is doing.
i7 5820k,Asus x99-Deluxe Mobo, Noctua D15 Cooler, Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB DDR4, Samsung 840 Evo 1TB SSD, Samsung 2TB HDD, Zotac GTX 1070 Amp Extreme

User Info: ConkersOKFurDay

ConkersOKFurDay
2 years ago#2
josh_b posted...
Ok So my wife and i have been trying to play the battlefield 1 trial- her PC is running a i5 2500k at 4.5ghz and i upgraded her GPU to founders edition GTX 1070.

her system is hitting around 55-60fps with dips down into the low 40's. Ive seen other people with worse setups getting way better performance in Battlefield and other games as well. What could be the issue here? Even people with the same cpu and a GTX 970 is performing better than her system is doing.

What settings are you playing on?
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ConkersOKFurDay
BattleTag: ConkersOKDay#1252

josh_b
2 years ago#3
ConkersOKFurDay posted...
josh_b posted...

What settings are you playing on?

We gave tried everything from ultra to low and still not much of a difference. That tells me it's a problem with the CPU but like i said others with the same CPU are getting better performance so im not sure what's going on.
i7 5820k,Asus x99-Deluxe Mobo, Noctua D15 Cooler, Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB DDR4, Samsung 840 Evo 1TB SSD, Samsung 2TB HDD, Zotac GTX 1070 Amp Extreme

ConkersOKFurDay
2 years ago#4
Are you using 100% resolution scaling? Make sure it's set at the default (42%?).

How is the performance if you drop the resolution to like 720p, low settings?

Not using integrated graphics, are you?

User Info: bikeblaster

bikeblaster
2 years ago#5
Monitor the GPU/CPU usage while playing.

josh_b
2 years ago#6
Are you using 100% resolution scaling? Make sure it's set at the default (42%?).

Using 100% on the scaling, anything below that starts to become extremely pixelated. haven't changed the resolution but even on low settings settings the performance stay about the same or even slightly worse.

no not using intergrated.

josh_b
2 years ago#7
bikeblaster posted...
Monitor the GPU/CPU usage while playing.

CPU is taxed at 100% to 95% all the time..

ConkersOKFurDay
2 years ago#8
josh_b posted...

Using 100% on the scaling, anything below that starts to become extremely pixelated. haven't changed the resolution but even on low settings settings the performance stay about the same or even slightly worse.

That's probably your problem. 100% destroys my 1080. Keep it at the default value... it shouldn't be pixelated at all.

EDIT: Nevermind. They fixed it from the beta and 100% is the default.

josh_b
2 years ago#9
josh_b posted...

That's probably your problem. 100% destroys my 1080. Keep it at the default value... it shouldn't be pixelated at all.

default value was 100% anything below that and it's started to look like a PS1 game or something.ill take a picture of it in the morning when i get home. I understand that the values for the resolution scale was off in the beta and setting it at 42% made everything run perfect. doesn't seem the case this time around.

ConkersOKFurDay
2 years ago#10
josh_b posted...
josh_b posted...

default value was 100% anything below that and it's started to look like a PS1 game or something.ill take a picture of it in the morning when i get home. I understand that the values for the resolution scale was off in the beta and setting it at 42% made everything run perfect. doesn't seem the case this time around.

Check my edit. 100% is the default now. Sorry for the confusion.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Some help with my wife's computer- low performance
  • Topic Archived