This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Some help with my wife's computer- low performance

User Info: josh_b

josh_b
2 years ago#11
ConkersOKFurDay posted...
josh_b posted...
josh_b posted...
Are you using 100% resolution scaling? Make sure it's set at the default (42%?).

How is the performance if you drop the resolution to like 720p, low settings?

Not using integrated graphics, are you?

Using 100% on the scaling, anything below that starts to become extremely pixelated. haven't changed the resolution but even on low settings settings the performance stay about the same or even slightly worse.

no not using intergrated.

That's probably your problem. 100% destroys my 1080. Keep it at the default value... it shouldn't be pixelated at all.

default value was 100% anything below that and it's started to look like a PS1 game or something.ill take a picture of it in the morning when i get home. I understand that the values for the resolution scale was off in the beta and setting it at 42% made everything run perfect. doesn't seem the case this time around.

Check my edit. 100% is the default now. Sorry for the confusion.

gotcha. i was quick to reply and didn't see it. lol
i7 5820k,Asus x99-Deluxe Mobo, Noctua D15 Cooler, Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB DDR4, Samsung 840 Evo 1TB SSD, Samsung 2TB HDD, Zotac GTX 1070 Amp Extreme

User Info: ConkersOKFurDay

ConkersOKFurDay
2 years ago#12
The only other thing I can think to try is removing the OC to see if anything changes.
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ConkersOKFurDay
BattleTag: ConkersOKDay#1252

josh_b
2 years ago#13
The only other thing I can think to try is removing the OC to see if anything changes.

eh well ill try that in the morning but i don't see how that would help.
i7 5820k,Asus x99-Deluxe Mobo, Noctua D15 Cooler, Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB DDR4, Samsung 840 Evo 1TB SSD, Samsung 2TB HDD, Zotac GTX 1070 Amp Extreme

User Info: analogman

analogman
2 years ago#14
uninstall experience and/or disable shadowplay.
i5-4690k 4.2GHz | Vengeance Pro 16GB DDR3 2400MHz | HD7950 3GB 960/1250MHz@975mV | Maximus Impact VI | 250GB 840 Evo + 1TB | 700W | 380T Yellow

josh_b
2 years ago#15
analogman posted...
uninstall experience and/or disable shadowplay.

eh yeah ill do that next.

User Info: Bleu_Skie

Bleu_Skie
2 years ago#16
How much RAM does it have available and how much in use?
http://steamcommunity.com/id/BleuSkie
It's important to know what the rules are first, so that, when you decide to break them, you can better judge the effect.

josh_b
2 years ago#17
Bleu_Skie posted...

16gb available... usually around 4 and 1/2 used

User Info: Bleu_Skie

Bleu_Skie
2 years ago#18
josh_b posted...
Bleu_Skie posted...

16gb available... usually around 4 and 1/2 used

Well, ruled that out. It wouldn't be a vram problem with the 1070. Possibly a heat issue leading to throttling. Can also be your CPU being a bit of a bottleneck. I would also run a Mem test as well. Disabling background processes would be my last suggestion. Rivatuner and antivirus is where I'd start with that.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/BleuSkie
It's important to know what the rules are first, so that, when you decide to break them, you can better judge the effect.

User Info: godplaysSNES

godplaysSNES
2 years ago#19
What are the full specs?

Is it Windows 10? Alot of the bad reports during the beta seemed to be from people using Win7

Try putting the CPU back at stock speed. What's the temp on the GPU?
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!

User Info: GameFreak117x

GameFreak117x
2 years ago#20
Why would you get a Founders edition?
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. ~CJayC, June 3rd 2003
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Some help with my wife's computer- low performance
  • Topic Archived